FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Extension and Module Conversion

I have built a module and an extension to tweak things in the old BRP rule set. I just purchased Coc 7e thinking it could port over and have a better system behind it.

I'm at a bit of a loss however. The BRP had an entry in the ruleset folder that could be expanded into a folder and modified to create a new extension. Coc seems to have the info all in the vault leaving nothing to be viewed for tweaking purposes.

That being said I'm not sure where to go to get the base for creating an extension. additionally I'm not sure what changes to make to my module to get it to show up for Coc 7e

Blog Entries
    To make an extension show up for CoC7e use the

<ruleset>
    <name>CallOfCthulhu7E</name>
    </ruleset>

The ruleset is locked however so accessing the ruleset wholesale is not possible.
    If you wanted something specific it might be able to be shared with you.

Thanks, I'll see if that's enough

here are my top items:
    1)have a custom set of skills different from Coc
    2)add race to the personal tab
    3)remove (or rename) EDU from the main tab
    4)load the module for custom spells and occupations.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    To make an extension show up for CoC7e use the

<ruleset>
    <name>CallOfCthulhu7E</name>
    </ruleset>
    It wasnt that easy, the scripts conflict and wasnt really usable. these are the errors it showed, but there may be more to it than these.

Script Error: [string "scripts/myqscript.lua"]:431: attempt to index global 'LineManager' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Error: Panel (shortcuts) defined with a class (gmshortcuts) that does not exist.
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (characterlist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (shortcuts)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (identitylist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (shortcuts)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (characterlist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (shortcuts)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (identitylist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (shortcuts)

(removed)
    Last edited by flekhabren; November 27th, 2017 at 17:08. Reason: duplicate post - oops

BRP is not compatible with Call of Cthulhu. You won't be able to directly use the BRP extension. You'll need to redesign it in CoreRPG/Call of Cthulhu.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

so, for example, if I were to copy the record_char_notes.xml i could edit that and rename it record_char_personal.xml and that would make the Coc 7e personal tab have the fields from the CoreRPG notes tab on their respective character sheets?

Quote Originally Posted by flekhabren View Post
    so, for example, if I were to copy the record_char_notes.xml i could edit that and rename it record_char_personal.xml and that would make the Coc 7e personal tab have the fields from the CoreRPG notes tab on their respective character sheets?
    Not really. File names don't tell FG what to do or where to load data. It is the names of the window classes/controls within the XML files that determine what definitions get used where.

Information on assets here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...esets_-_Assets

More information on modifying the CoreRPG ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-ruleset
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    More information on modifying the CoreRPG ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-ruleset
    Is there one of those for Call of Cthulhu 7e? I'm assuming not from other things I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    BRP is not compatible with Call of Cthulhu. You won't be able to directly use the BRP extension. You'll need to redesign it in CoreRPG/Call of Cthulhu.
    I dont have the older Call of Cthulhu rule set, would the files with it have the skill list example so I could modify it for an extension to 7e?

Thread Information