FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Product Sync Confusion

Alright, so here is a bit of a question that more than likely has an answer. If I buy a product from Paizo and sync my purchase to FG, do those products that I have purchased sync up to Fantasy Grounds or do I have to buy them...again...to sync them to Fantasy Grounds. Here I mean. I already dropped 146$ on the Ultimate License due to Canadian to US conversion rates....I don't want to do that again. This was even on sale at 111$. I'm a little bitter if you can't tell.
    Don't ask dumb questions, you'll get dumb answers. Don't ask smart questions, you'll get dumb answers...really, most people are really just dumb. So just don't ask questions.

Blog Entries
    Buying a Hardback book from Paizo entitles you to the hardback book. It doesnt give you any Fantasy Grounds material.
    If you buy a PDF from Paizo then Paizo credit you that value towards the Fantasy Grounds equivalent product of the same name.
    So either way - to use the licensed Paizo material on Fantasy Grounds you will need to buy it.
    If you feel unhappy with your purchase SmiteWorks have a 30 day money back guarantee and they will look after you.

Oh no, slight misunderstanding with that last bit and the first bit a little actually...I'm a little bitter cause I actually expected to save a little money only to end up spending it, regardless it's better than spending 200$ in my mind as I'll use FG regardless. It's a good product and worth it...just not 200$ worth it ^,,^;...100 - 150$..yes given the amount of content you get access to.

As for the first part. It may have been worded poorly, I'm known for that so I'll break it down step by step. Not treating you like an idiot just so it's easier to understand my confusion.

I buy modules in PDF format from Paizo, and then sync my purchases up to Fantasy Grounds.

Do I have to buy the things AGAIN here? Or is it directly loaded onto Fantasy Grounds as soon as I say Update?

I'd rather not spend money I don't have, but I do need Pathfinder Core, Bestiary and Advanced Player guide at bare bones for other players.

Those are fairly pricey in hardcover let alone file wise here as I'm paying Hardcopy price for a PDF when Paizo charges 8$ for the PDF.

Do I have to pay the difference here just to get it into the system?
    Don't ask dumb questions, you'll get dumb answers. Don't ask smart questions, you'll get dumb answers...really, most people are really just dumb. So just don't ask questions.

Blog Entries
    You get a big discount, but you need to buy the FG content. The FG content is the conversion.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

You get the PDF and the Fantasy Grounds conversion with a Fantasy Grounds purchase of Paizo material. If you already own the PDF, and you've synced your Paizo purchases, you get the cost of the PDF reduced from your Fantasy Grounds purchase.

The Fantasy Grounds conversion is all of the material entered into Fantasy Grounds - it is so much more than a PDF and takes many, many hours to convert the PDF into Fantasy Grounds. That conversion time, as well as license fees, etc. is what you're paying for. You don't *need* the Paizo products, you can manually enter all of the data yourself. It is up to you to determine if it is worth you purchasing the products to save you and your players data entry time in Fantasy Grounds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Clear answer, Thank you. I was curious how exactly that worked and could not find anything.

For me, the time saved and seamless integration is well worth the extra cost. I manually entered an AP series myself back before the official support was available, and while it is doable it takes a not-insignificant effort to do it. Once you figure out how to manually enter things it's not difficult, it's just time consuming (and a bit boring, to be honest). Buying the content over here just makes everything automagic. As Trenloe indicated, it really depends on where you sit on the Time<->Money axis as to whether or not it's worth it to you to purchase both a PDF and a FG version of content.

I'm having my own issue that I just discovered today. I sync'd my Paizo and FG accounts back when it first became available, and I recall getting the discount on the first few Pathfinder things that were available. I just came back to purchase another Pathfinder book(Ultimate Magic) here, but when I add the item to my shopping cart I don't seem to be getting the discount for owning the PDF on Paizo. The page says to check Help > Paizo Account Synchronization, but that's not an option in the Help pulldown. I checked the Paizo site, and it is still showing me with a valid Partner authorization with Smiteworks. I'm not sure where to go at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaglug View Post
    I'm having my own issue that I just discovered today. I sync'd my Paizo and FG accounts back when it first became available, and I recall getting the discount on the first few Pathfinder things that were available. I just came back to purchase another Pathfinder book(Ultimate Magic) here, but when I add the item to my shopping cart I don't seem to be getting the discount for owning the PDF on Paizo. The page says to check Help > Paizo Account Synchronization, but that's not an option in the Help pulldown. I checked the Paizo site, and it is still showing me with a valid Partner authorization with Smiteworks. I'm not sure where to go at this point.
    Re-run the sync from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...izoAccount.xcp
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Aha, perfect. Discount applied in my shopping cart, and now I've got a new book in FG.

Thanks Trenloe!

If you have bought the PDF on the Paizo store, but failed to remember to run the sync before purchasing products from Fantasy Grounds, can you get reimbursed for the PDF's you bought the second time in error? And if so, who should you approach for the reimbursement? Paizo? Or Fantasy Grounds?

Thread Information