FG Spreadshirt Swag

Is there any way to automatically apply aura effects on maps?

I'm thinking of a paladin's aura for example, or the optional Malefactor class? Is there any way to automatically apply the effects of auras once actors come within range of the aura on a gridded map?

Thanks for replies in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    nO.
    Lol, ok.

I'd be interested to know how others manage auras though - I'm finding it a bit difficult to manage sometimes, especially when there is more than one aura and lots of creatures around in combat. Right now I'm drawing circles on the map, then deleting/moving the circle to where the actor with aura is going to move to, then moving the token. The circle is just to remind to apply effects/modifiers, etc.

What you are doing is about as good as you can get it currently. You could use the magic effects tokens which are available via the DMsGuild. These just add to the look of the game; they don't do anything to create any effects etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What you are doing is about as good as you can get it currently. You could use the magic effects tokens which are available via the DMsGuild. These just add to the look of the game; they don't do anything to create any effects etc.
    Thanks Zacchaeus, I'll check out those tokens. Was just thinking, back in P&P days auras seemed a bit easier to manage as players tended to take personal responsibility for telling the DM when a being was within range. Now that I'm in control of the map/grid, I get the blame for forgetting somtimes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sorvan76 View Post
    Thanks Zacchaeus, I'll check out those tokens. Was just thinking, back in P&P days auras seemed a bit easier to manage as players tended to take personal responsibility for telling the DM when a being was within range. Now that I'm in control of the map/grid, I get the blame for forgetting somtimes, lol.
    Always the player's responsibility. Get them to draw the circles and do the positioning etc. If they are all using different coloured dice then the circles will be in that colour and you can use that to distinguish who has what at any one time.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Always the player's responsibility. Get them to draw the circles and do the positioning etc. If they are all using different coloured dice then the circles will be in that colour and you can use that to distinguish who has what at any one time.
    Good advice. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I will second Mr. Z. Make the players take responsibility for the auras for their characters. As the DM/GM you already have more to do than they do.

It's very common in one of my campaigns for one of my characters to cast Spiritual Guardians. They have to then go to tokens, grab the token for it, resize it, move it and then when an NPC turn starts in their, they just go ahead and roll the action/effect. All I have to do is tell them is the NPC made the save or not.

And on those times they forget... well, seems like their god wasn't that happy with him or s/he had more important things to do than guard the PC at that instant in time *G*

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You can simulate an aura visually by (as GM) increasing the reach of the character under the "square" symbol in the CT. Reach doesn't do anything mechanically, so it can be used to represent an aura or vision etc whenever you hover over a character. Using it for vision in my games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhym View Post
    You can simulate an aura visually by (as GM) increasing the reach of the character under the "square" symbol in the CT. Reach doesn't do anything mechanically, so it can be used to represent an aura or vision etc whenever you hover over a character. Using it for vision in my games.
    That's a great solution. Thanks.

Thread Information