DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    When using a monitor as a battlemat, is there a concern about overheating? The vents are set up for a horizontal air circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidrec View Post
    When using a monitor as a battlemat, is there a concern about overheating? The vents are set up for a horizontal air circulation.
    As long as you build in vents and support the edges (tv's are traditionally built to stand up so the ends need support so it doesn't bow and crack) then you should be good
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Quote Originally Posted by Tidrec View Post
    I've put a wooden surround on mine so unassisted airflow is limited, so I added a couple of inexpensive USB powered fans mounted on the surround (powered from a USB port on the TV). I haven't had issues with ambient temperatures in the low 80's (F) - but I probably wouldn't be too confident in 90+ temps!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the tips on the fans and overheating. I went and talked to a carpenter today. We went over some designs and I should get my quote back soon. I decided to go with a 43" TV
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate

20171231_215432.jpg
    20180103_191732.jpg
    20180127_191510.jpg
    20180113_210448.jpg
    Heres some pictures of my completed table.
    I love it and couldn't imagine playing without it now.
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate

Blog Entries
    Nice Seya. Looks well done. Hope you are enjoying it!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Man, great looking table, Seya!

That’s fantastic!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey all new here...I am trying to do the same thing (using FG as a battlemap) How are you outputting to a tv so that only the map shows and not all the other "DM" information?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxesnow View Post
    Hey all new here...I am trying to do the same thing (using FG as a battlemap) How are you outputting to a tv so that only the map shows and not all the other "DM" information?
    Welcome to the forums.

Start a second instance of FG on the same computer. "Join Game" with a server address of localhost Share the map. Use masking, whatever you want. The second instance is a player instance, but doesn't need an additional license as localhost connection doesn't need one.

Thread Information