5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Options - Show Results while Hiding rolls

Hi, I'm trying to configure this but I can't see how.

I want that the results of rolls (attacks, saves, etc) are showed in the chat, but without the numbers between [ ]. Is that possible?
    I don't want to hide the result itself and have to say every time "hit" or "miss". Its good to the players see for themselves the result, but without the numbers.

I tried to deactivate the "Chat: Show rolls totals" in options but it doesn't change anything (is this option broken? what it changes exactly?).

I'm not entirely sure what you want but there are three options for dice rolls.

The first (Show GM Rolls) hides all GM roll from the players if switch off.
    The second Show Results to Clients shows whether the result of a roll is a hit or miss or if a save succeeds or fails (This can also be set to 'Friendly' meaning only the result of heals or other rolls made on friendly characters will show up)
    The third Show totals shows the full result of the roll including modifiers.

If show results to clients is off and show totals is on; it will show the roll along with modifiers but it won't show the results (i.e.hit/miss etc)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I was hoping that setting only the "Show Results to Clients" on, would set something that shows if is Hit or Miss but without the number (roll+modifier).

I'm trying to hide the number of the result, not the result itself.

I'm with:
    Attack [13] -> [at Seth] [MISS]

I want to set something like this:
    Attack -> [at Seth] [MISS]

Blog Entries
    Also, to see what the players see, start a second instance of FG and connect to your GM host as 'localhost'

What you see in the chat as GM is different than what players see on their end.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I joined my table with the localhost thing.

With the options:
    _Show GM rolls = off
    _Show results to client = on
    _Show roll totals = off

I'm still getting:
    Attack [14] -> [at Seth] [MISS] at the client side.

How I remove the 14?

If I change "Show results to client" to off, I get:
    Attack -> [at Seth]

I don't wan't to lose the result [MISS], only the [14]... is there a way?

Simple answer is you can't 'lose' the 14. What you are looking for is to suppress the dice but not the result which currently isn't possible. (Since the player can see what they rolled anyway simply by looking at the dice they rolled - I'm not sure why suppressing the number in chat is needed).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If the roll is hidden in the GM side and the results option is turned on, I believe that the player client will see something like you originally requested. I’m not certain without testing it; but you can see what the players will see by logging in with a second instance of FG using localhost as the server address.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Simple answer is you can't 'lose' the 14. What you are looking for is to suppress the dice but not the result which currently isn't possible. (Since the player can see what they rolled anyway simply by looking at the dice they rolled - I'm not sure why suppressing the number in chat is needed).
    One scenario is Attack rolls of enemies to players, I don't want they to know the value of the attack, only if it was Hit or Miss. For example, a player with Shield spell need to known if he was hit, not the value of the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If the roll is hidden in the GM side and the results option is turned on, I believe that the player client will see something like you originally requested. I’m not certain without testing it; but you can see what the players will see by logging in with a second instance of FG using localhost as the server address.

Cheers,
    JPG
    With my tests it doesn't work, the players still sees the result (number rolled).
    BTW, the option of "Show roll totals" doesn't change anything in DM side and player's client side... I think this option is broken (not changing anything).

It appears to be working exactly as expected. Check out the images attached. The GM display is on the left, and the player display on the right.

attack_default.jpg : GM rolls = On / Results = On
    attack_off_on.jpg : GM rolls = Off / Results = On
    attack_on_off.jpg : GM rolls = On / Results = Off
    attack_off_off.jpg : GM rolls = Off / Results = Off

The result totals option is purely for whether the roll total is displayed, if the roll is displayed. The original version of FG did not display totals. (See roll_gm_total_off.jpg)

There is not currently an option which hides the total applied in the results displayed.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It appears to be working exactly as expected. Check out the images attached. The GM display is on the left, and the player display on the right.

attack_default.jpg : GM rolls = On / Results = On
    attack_off_on.jpg : GM rolls = Off / Results = On
    attack_on_off.jpg : GM rolls = On / Results = Off
    attack_off_off.jpg : GM rolls = Off / Results = Off

The result totals option is purely for whether the roll total is displayed, if the roll is displayed. The original version of FG did not display totals. (See roll_gm_total_off.jpg)

There is not currently an option which hides the total applied in the results displayed.

Regards,
    JPG
    Personally I'd use the second option.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information