STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Awesome thanks for sharing this, very useful.

Blog Entries
    Hey Zuger i have made a small coding tutorial video and I have extended this extension as the content of the video. It addresses in a very basic way one method of being able to track carried and non carried treasure.
    https://youtu.be/x4leZBomtOc
    And the extension is here - feel free to use or not.
    coinweight.jpg

Also any comments about splitting the code into different files are personal preference and not a criticism.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Awesome job

Also any comments about splitting the code into different files are personal preference and not a criticism.
    No worry that was my first extension, I know it was duct taped

I am getting the following error when using the original extension.

When i try and change the amount in the coins section I get the following:

Script Error: [string "scripts/coins_weight.lua"]:52: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value

Any idea why?
    Last edited by frostbyte000jm; November 21st, 2018 at 01:34. Reason: Because I didn't leave enough information.

Weird. ok I had to do a check on the coin to see if it is returning a number, if so then do the weight. I think something got stuck on this character sheet and I couldn't see it. It is working now, but I needed to revise the code. What I did was garbage trying to figure it out. I will try again in the morning with not 2 - 13 hour days of work brain.

Hello,

Did you find the solution of your problem ?

Yes, my problem was an old character sheet. I have been training myself on development in FG by rebuilding extenstion and I forgot to delete and build a new character when I started looking into yours.

There was a coin box with a nil value in it and your ext didn’t like that. Rookie mistake on my part. The moment I deleted the character sheet and started a new one, everything worked as expected.

Thanks for reaching out.

Thank you for your reply. This could help somebody having the same issue.

IIRC, 3.3.7 has some kind of currency manager being introduced which may/may-not deal with weight. I glossed over it as I was just merging 3.3.7 with some of my personal extensions.

It does not deal with weight, just adds the idea of campaign-specific currency settings. This may eventually lead to more advanced features, such as weight and/or conversion calculations; but there are no plans at this point.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information