DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dont ever buy humble bundle again

Humble Bundle was recently required by IGN, whom then use Humble Bundle to collect, package and sell data on people who only want to buy cheap games and/or support charity.

https://imgur.com/gallery/grrlw

Blog Entries
    Doesn't bother me. Particularly this point "IGN makes a profit collecting, packaging and selling user data."

So does Facebook, Twitter, Google, so does everyone? This is the world we live in today. If it bothers you (and I'm not saying it shouldn't), then you need to consider this with every entity you interact with, not just the latest one that people pick up on and complain about.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If you've ever bought a Humble Bundle before, your data has already been collected. That's been in their terms of service for a long time and it's already too late to go back and protect your information. I'll continue getting new bundles every so often, but I suppose this might be valuable information for people who have never bought a bundle.

FG Con 10 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 7-9 2017
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    People will willingly give up their data for not much...
    The best one is competitions where you get extra entries by sending to a friend...
    You just gave up data on your friend for a *chance* at something...

If you live in the EU the new regulation GDPR will come into play May 2018, it's there to protect the individual from losing control over one's Privacy Data.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Springroll View Post
    If you live in the EU the new regulation GDPR will come into play May 2018, it's there to protect the individual from losing control over one's Privacy Data.
    In Europe the Govt is at war with the Corporations to see who will own the people.
    It will not be the people who own the people...

< insert shadowrun reference here >

I simply have a Junk email I use and the rest of my personal data is "Im Fred Fredurnahiknizeinhowda (its Germen) Im 159 years old and I live Tranquility base, The Moon. Zip 34343322323432. That'll stuff thier demographics!

Or even better

My Address is 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, DC 20580
    Telephone: (202) 326-2222

(Its the information of the Federal Trade Commission) see how they like getting all the phone calls and junk mail. Maybe they will get off their arses and lobby thier bosses to get the law changed!)
    Last edited by Willot; November 19th, 2017 at 20:24.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

This isn't big news. Most companies have that clause of ownership of information transferring to their purchaser.

You shouldn't be surprised that google has a trove of information on you in exchange for all those free services.

HB barely scrapes enough capital to fund itself since it gives a majority of its capital to charity and the game developers. The HB model isn't sustainable as they're basically begging developers to let them give their games away for pennies on the dollar in the name of charity. They need to sell a certain volume for their tiny cut to stay afloat. A large chunk of SKUs sold are minimum purchases, not everyone is paying average for their bundles. Given strained finances, IGN came in with a purse of cash and for the most part, it seems it will continue HB's mission with a stronger financial footing. The trade off is the HB information base but that was to be expected in acquisitions.

Business is business, welcome to the real world.

There is no free lunch

Heck Discord is only 'free' because it's funded by VC capital, they've yet to monetize their premium subscriber model as far as I know. Knowing that asking people to suddenly pay for a service they're used to getting for free in exchange for minor features (voice masking/mutators) isn't going to fly. Discord will market it's huge user base.
    Last edited by Ken L; November 20th, 2017 at 09:54.

Thread Information