STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vocaldc View Post
    So, um, I downloaded the extension and... I don't know what to do with it. Where do I put the file? How do I run it? I am lost and feel like a fool.
    Okay, so I dropped it into my extensions folder. Figured that one out on my own! Then I started a new campaign using the 5E ruleset and checked the RotRL and Universal extensions. From within the campaign, when I try to open encounters I get a slew of error messages. Am I missing a step?
    Last edited by vocaldc; November 16th, 2017 at 01:39.
    DMing for 30+ years

Encounters will have to be completely remade under 5e AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by vocaldc View Post
    From within the campaign, when I try to open encounters I get a slew of error messages. Am I missing a step?
    Encounters should be OK to open - I've just opened a bunch of Encounters from the RotRL module in 5E and they open without errors.

It will be the NPCs within the encounters that generate errors when you open them. Which is what we've been mentioning - PFRPG data doesn't match to 5E data, so you'll need to recreate those records - or use similar creatures from the MM and other sources. Drag the link from your 5E creature to the encounter record to create a new entry, change the # of creatures and recreate the token placement if you need to. Then remove the old PFRPG entry from the encounter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Great thread and super helpful.

I am thinking of doing a Curse of Strad in my Pathfinder campaign. The info will make it alot easier to do.

Hopefully I will have the conversion done by Halloween.

Thread Information