5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 13 First ... 23456 ... Last
    I downloaded this but seeing anything from other edition I have bought from FG's, how do i use it to incorporate this mod ??

Quote Originally Posted by Natewizard View Post
    I downloaded this but seeing anything from other edition I have bought from FG's, how do i use it to incorporate this mod ??
    Have you activated the extension for your chosen campaign?
    What Ruleset are you using?
    What ruleset are the products you want to see from?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I downloaded it and not showing up in modules when I launch FG's and trying to use some 5e Adventures with Pathfinder 1E

Quote Originally Posted by Natewizard View Post
    I downloaded it and not showing up in modules when I launch FG's and trying to use some 5e Adventures with Pathfinder 1E
    1) Download the .ext file from post #1.
    2) Close FG and copy the file to your <FG app data>\extensions directory.
    3) Load up FG and on the "Load Campaign" screen, select your campaign and in the Campaign Details -> Extensions section enable the "Universal Module" extension.
    4) Load up FG and you should see all of your modules in the library available for activation.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

First off this tool is absolutely great but is there a forum for problems to discuss with others?

Like I am converting slave lords over to DCC and it freaks out about AC because od a database issue but I dont know the first thing about updating a database for FG without causing potential major issues.

Any help or areas I could be pointed to I would appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by AQuebman View Post
    First off this tool is absolutely great but is there a forum for problems to discuss with others?

Like I am converting slave lords over to DCC and it freaks out about AC because od a database issue but I dont know the first thing about updating a database for FG without causing potential major issues.

Any help or areas I could be pointed to I would appreciate.
    As mentioned in post #1: "You will get plenty of things that dont work, plenty of things that partially work. This cant be helped as different game rulesets have different data structures."

This extension is primarily to allow you to load up non-RPG specific data such as maps, story entries, reference manuals, etc. from modules designed for other systems.

You've pretty much got to manually recreate the records that raise errors.

Oh okay thank you for the quick reply. Guess I was just hopeful it would be something I could tweak in a DB tool rather than recreate records.

A question about errors like that. Does it keep the data it can accept and then just choke on what it cant?, i ask because if thats the case i can copy the data already there and just add whats uniquely erroring.

Hope that made sense :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AQuebman View Post
    Oh okay thank you for the quick reply. Guess I was just hopeful it would be something I could tweak in a DB tool rather than recreate records.

A question about errors like that. Does it keep the data it can accept and then just choke on what it cant?, i ask because if thats the case i can copy the data already there and just add whats uniquely erroring.

Hope that made sense :-)
    The issue is that it will continually choke on the incorrect data, and you can't edit the underlying module data for re-use in many campaigns (only a copy in the individual campaign). If you want to try getting deep in FG database XML (be warned, you can completely screw things up, so always take a backup) then you could maybe make a copy of the record in the campaign and try to edit all of the data fields to be correct. But, to be honest, if you get a record with errors you're best making a completely new one as that will probably be quicker and less error prone in the long run - you can probably copy/paste most of the data from the record with the errors into a new record.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The issue is that it will continually choke on the incorrect data, and you can't edit the underlying module data for re-use in many campaigns (only a copy in the individual campaign). If you want to try getting deep in FG database XML (be warned, you can completely screw things up, so always take a backup) then you could maybe make a copy of the record in the campaign and try to edit all of the data fields to be correct. But, to be honest, if you get a record with errors you're best making a completely new one as that will probably be quicker and less error prone in the long run - you can probably copy/paste most of the data from the record with the errors into a new record.
    Yeah the copy pasta of data from the erroring record is all I wanted to confirm I could do. The error i get is with AC but I think everything else is there so I should be able to use that then.

Thanks again!

Extension updated to no longer throw errors when used in FGU.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information