5E Character Create Playlist
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last
    You would be able to open the module associated with the product, but you won't be able to use the extension that accompanies it. It would need to be configured to work in both PF1 and PF2
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    The second post in the thread appears to be for a Unity version.
    I have a couple purchases for 2nd Edition (official TSR/WOTC stuff) that works with the extension provided for FGC, but the same 2nd Edition purchases don't work my installation of FGU.

Is there something additional I need to do to get it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
    I have a couple purchases for 2nd Edition (official TSR/WOTC stuff) that works with the extension provided for FGC, but the same 2nd Edition purchases don't work my installation of FGU.

Is there something additional I need to do to get it to work?
    Hi Quintain,

I do not have any specific 2nd Edition material to test it with, but in my experience, the Universal Module works consistently and universally well for all my materials in FGC and FGU. The only thing I can think of it that perhaps you did not select the Universal Module from your list of Extensions in the specific campaign you created that you are missing those 2nd Edition materials in? The Universal Module Extension needs to be specifically selected (activated) for each campaign that you want to use it in.

I hope this is helpful!

Jakemtl,

Ok, it looks like app was using the roaming profile, and not the one under my general ProgramData folder tree. Once I copied all the extensions from B to A, I see the extensions now.

Thank you to whomever coded the UniversalModule extension! You have saved me hundreds of hours of work! Not having to re-import images and maps alone from my Rise of the Runelords modules into my 5E campaign is a big deal. I am grateful!

This is an awesome extension! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use it though.

For my current campaign (Pathfinder 1e), I've been creating adventures in their own campaigns, exporting them as modules, and loading into the running campaign as needed. I'd like to do that with some old AD&D 1e modules that I have for FGU. If I create a new campaign and open the module for the adventure B2 Keep on the Borderlands (not it's real name; my players might see this post), I can make changes but I can't export the whole thing as a new module. My current plan is to make those changes, and when it comes time to run it, copy \moduledb\B2 Keep on the Borderlands.xml from the modification campaign to the running campaign.

Does that make sense, or does anyone know a better way to incorporate those changes? I very briefly considered copying everything in the module and exporting it as a new, PF1e module, but then I'd still need to edit every link and pin, and that's just insane.

Blog Entries
    When you do an /export it only exports content created in that campaign.
    In your Live campaign load up the original and the exported campaign and you should see all your changes.

Does /export export changes or just additions? For example, if I create a new NPC that will be exported, but if I edit an encounter to replace the old NPC with the one I created, will that encounter be exported?

I really need to just find some time to experiment with this myself.

Cool, thanks damned! I thought the edits just stayed with the current campaign. That will save a lot of work.

Thread Information