DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 23 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    You can use Source to Filter on Wizard spells.

Minty I have been looking at drag and drop. The drag target box is very practical. Go to the developer wiki and look at the dragdata object and the onDrop function of the windowcontrol. This will help your list problem because the user can drag anything to the drop. Ok and you can check the data source to find out exactly what he wants. Then you can build a custom drop down
    Last edited by Bidmaron; November 13th, 2017 at 13:55.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    Yes this is pretty useful but being able to have a list that includes spells from all books per class per level is what I was looking for.
    You won't be able to get exactly that in one go with this extension, but you can get there. You would load up all the books (modules) you want searched. In the Spells library dialog, choose "all" categories at the top. Choose Wizard in the Source filter. The middle panel will show you all Wizard spells in all books. To look at them by level, choose 0 (cantrips) in the Level filter. All Wizard cantrips in all books are shown. Then do level 1, then level 2, ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    .... Go to the developer wiki and look at the dragdata object and the onDrop function of the windowcontrol.
    ... you can check the data source to find out exactly what...
    Then you can build a custom drop down
    Thanks Bidmaron... I did a quick implementation. Added an onDrop() to an existing text control and dumped dragdata to the console. It looks like everything I need is there.

Blog Entries
    While playing with the PathFinder ruleset this morning I found a bug. It exhibits itself with the CoreRPG (and therefore PathFinder) since neither is "technically" supported at this time. The only library affected is "Parcels". If you're using the 5E ruleset you'll be fine. I already have a fix in the works: I orphaned a function call. I'll work with PathFinder a little more to see if I have any other issues before releasing the "Parcels" fix.

You are a hero Minty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    You are a hero Minty
    Don't go too far with that praise! The hero can be a bit dense at times...

I was pretty sure I was going to go with drop down combo boxes on the left (field names) as well as on the right (field values). Plus text search boxes on the right for "formatted text" fields, like descriptions. I've done all the work of matching fields to data values to special sort routines, to yadda, yadda, yadda. So just reuse that work.

That said, I wasn't too sure what drag and drop was going to buy me. Then the light bulb went on. If the user can drag and drop, fields that I might not have supported, as insignificant, or an unsupported ruleset, or a new field brought about by a ruleset update... Can still be filtered.

Some user configuration options might still be required (right click menus, maybe?) for those tough fields. Fields like coin values (e.g. 1,321 sp) which are stored as strings, but you want to sort them as numbers when the right hand combo box get populated. With pre scanning during the drop I might be able to preselect the options. After a while I would build up a repertoire of recognizable oddballs to make the preselection smarter.

Thanks Bidmaron for your persistence.

No problem. That gives you a way to have most common pre-configured and drag the less common, as you have divined.

Blog Entries
    Released v0.2.0 of the Field Filters for All Libraries (FFAL).

The FFAL now has been coded to specifically support for the following rulesets:
    CoreRPG
    3.5E
    5E
    PFRPG (PathFinder)

Please keep in mind that I play and DM using the 5E ruleset exclusively, so I do not have a large dataset with which to test the extension's functionality with the other rulesets. What I have done is go into the specific editors like Spells, Feats, NPCs, etc. etc. in those other rulesets and create data objects. I then used the db.xml to support the corresponding database fields. When completing the fields in each of the editors I used my best guess as to what the data would look like. I may have guessed wrong. If you notice strange sort orders, comma separated lists that aren't being broken apart, that sort of thing, please let me know so that I can make the extension work with data that you expect rather than the guesses I made. Thanks in advance for helping me make this extension better and better.

Please also note that I have had to drop filters for a few, typically numeric fields, in both the NPCs and Items libraries because the number of fields in those two libraries (and editor dialogs) is so large that the library dialog wouldn't fit on screen. (This NPC issue is prevalent in the 3.5E, 5E and PF rulesets. The Items issue is just relevant to the 3.5E and PF rulesets.)

Problems, questions, and criticisms, please send them my way.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; November 17th, 2017 at 06:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    You won't be able to get exactly that in one go with this extension, but you can get there. You would load up all the books (modules) you want searched. In the Spells library dialog, choose "all" categories at the top. Choose Wizard in the Source filter. The middle panel will show you all Wizard spells in all books. To look at them by level, choose 0 (cantrips) in the Level filter. All Wizard cantrips in all books are shown. Then do level 1, then level 2, ...
    I've tried this and it's great, good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Released v0.2.0 of the Field Filters for All Libraries (FFAL).
    Do you have some patch notes?

-

I've mainly used your spell extension, I dislike the plugin for the NPC menu, it's too cluttered/takes up too much space.
    FGPlugin.jpg
    Last edited by DGM; November 17th, 2017 at 18:06.

Thread Information