DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 23 First ... 81617181920 ... Last
    I do not *want* something done, I politely asked for whether it is possible and absolutely do not demand any unpaid community coders to spent their time on things they have no personal interest in.

But indeed it is my worldview that digitized data should be easier and faster to find than turning pages in a book. If data is digitized then it should also be made available for proper search and presentation, else a lot of potential is lost. This is not specifically aimed at FG, so no "resorting to bashing", which is why I also mentioned PDF search disappointments and the general lack of making full use of digital capabilities. The "digital stone ages" statement was aimed at said missed opportunities from what digital can achieve versus what we see implemented nowadays (again not FG specific, but still inclusive).

And to call me "resorting to bashing" has an unnecessary accusing tone and seems to blow the whole thing out of proportion. If there is an extension that improves on FG's limited search capabilities then I am all praising its maker, if not then bad luck. No resorting to be found here. Also keep in mind that English is not my native language, which does not make proper communication via online forums easier at times.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 5th, 2020 at 00:00.

Blog Entries
    I stand corrected.

Blog Entries
    @Trenloe, @damed, Should I deprecate Pathfinder support in FFAL in favor of Pathfinder 2? Or should I just leave it for now?

I'm having errors with my FFAL since the last FG update. Running FGC 3.3.13. Anyone else? I use this module so much to easily find stuff.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akito3379 View Post
    I'm having errors with my FFAL since the last FG update. Running FGC 3.3.13. Anyone else? I use this module so much to easily find stuff.
    I apologize. I was aware of this. I should have posted something. It has been crippled for a very long time now, and I finally addressed those issues. Then as you said, the new release came out. And it’s as if they turned my extension inside out. There are significant problems, and I’m working on them. My work will be delayed as I have to travel this week.

No worries. Glad to hear it's not just me. Thanks for the quick response and I look forward to the update!
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    I am ecstatic to announce the release of a new version (v0.4.0) of the Field Filters for All Libraries (FFAL).

FFAL has been crippled for nearly a year now, and finally I have it properly working again (I hope). I've been close to having a fully operational extension for a few weeks now, and then the new version of FG came out and it sunk me. I was able to get FFAL working this morning and since I'll be travelling for the next week, I wanted to get something out there before I leave. This version has been checked with FG Classic and Unity. But I don't have the time now to thoroughly test it.

Besides the fixes to make it compatible with the latest version of FG, this version fixes a data sorting problem that was brought to my attention nearly a year ago caused by unexpected data values in Volo's. Due to the "Volo's" data sorting problem I have added a command set that will assist me in the future to more easily find problematic field data in new modules.

When I get a chance I will be reworking the first few posts of this thread.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Minty, thanks for the work on this and your other extensions. I don't think we take the time enough to thank the folks who help make our lives easier at the end of the day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTBC View Post
    Minty, thanks for the work on this and your other extensions. I don't think we take the time enough to thank the folks who help make our lives easier at the end of the day.
    You’re welcome. It it good to hear that the extensions I publish do add to the convenience of using Fantasy Grounds.

With this latest update today, I'm getting a list of infinite errors when I bring up the "Tables" window. It may not be infinite, but it crashed my FGClassic.
    FFAL troubleshoot.JPG
    "scripts/masterindex_list.lua...... attempt to call field 'onSortCompare'(a nil value)

Hope that helps, and hope it's an easy fix!
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information