5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam57 View Post
    Thank you for your help. I tried searching for the word "delete" but nothing showed up.
    It wouldn’t have been in the db.xml file, the delete would have been in a file with the module name in the campaign moduledb directory. If the file isn’t there, then you’ve reverted changes correctly previously.

I am just going to remake the npc from the book I have. Thanks for the help, I'm not sure why I'm unable to replicate what you are able to do on your machine.
    In the NPC data window (accessed from the right sidebar) select "All" from the group list at the top of the window and see if the NPC appears in that list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It wouldn’t have been in the db.xml file, the delete would have been in a file with the module name in the campaign moduledb directory. If the file isn’t there, then you’ve reverted changes correctly previously.
    Errr - my bad.

I'm not seeing any changes in the moduleb folder, so I must have done the default settings reset correctly. I also added the npc list with all selected as an attachment. The two blackguards listed in my picture attachment are ones I recreated once the default settings did not work.

I am fairly new to this so I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious to get the deleted npc back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not seeing any changes in the moduleb folder, so I must have done the default settings reset correctly. I also added the npc list with all selected as an attachment. The two blackguards listed in my picture attachment are ones I recreated once the default settings did not work.

I am fairly new to this so I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious to get the deleted npc back.
    I don't see an NPC called "Blackguard" in Curse of Strahd, D&D Basic, SRD or Monster Manual. Which module was it in originally?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

After you did the revert, did you close and reopen the module?

So, there's a Blackguard NPC in Volo's Guide to Monsters - which you don't have open (based off the screenshots). Is that the NPC you're looking for?

I had closed/reopened it. Honestly, not sure where I thought I had that npc, maybe I created it earlier and deleted that one thinking it was an original one from a module. I created a new campaign and it is not there so I must have been mistake. Thank you all for answering my questions even if this was just user error.

Thread Information