5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: FG license

FG license

hey world whats good .. question ??? if you have standard license and some1 has unlimited and 3 others have demo can the standard and unlimited switch off on DMing games ??? ex .. unlimited host 1 standard and 3 demos 1st game .... standard host 1 unlimited and 3 demos 2nd game ... unlimited would can allow only standard license access to all modules needed to DM ??? (unlimited would have access as well but we will trust that they wont look when they are playing PC)

No - a Standard License can only host for other Standards or Ultimates, not Demos. A single Demo can connect to a Standard when no-one else is connects, but as soon as someone else connects the Demo is disconnected.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    No - a Standard License can only host for other Standards or Ultimates, not Demos. A single Demo can connect to a Standard when no-one else is connects, but as soon as someone else connects the Demo is disconnected.
    U just broke my heart ... so there’s no way to perhaps manipulate it .. like everyone join the ultimate license but some1 else DMs instead of the ultimate ?? .. sorry if these sound like stupid questions.. I’m jus learnin the system

Blog Entries
    They're not stupid questions but it unfortunately doesnt work that way.
    If you switch DMs around a bit then having everyone get a standard license might be the best option for your group ir doing an Ultimate Sub and when you rotate GMs one of you stops their SUB and another renews theirs.

There's a 4 pack of licenses in Steam that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    They're not stupid questions but it unfortunately doesnt work that way.
    If you switch DMs around a bit then having everyone get a standard license might be the best option for your group ir doing an Ultimate Sub and when you rotate GMs one of you stops their SUB and another renews theirs.
    Ok makes sense .. so if 2 ultimates are in a group can 1 ultimate share modules .. obviously trusting other won’t look at it when they are PC

what kind of 4 pack license ?? and u have to link steam to FG ??? Download steam ?? @ Nylanfs

Blog Entries
    Only the host can share modules to everyone. And only the host can GM. Players can access (with GM permission) their own modules, but they can not share them with the GM or other players.

The Steam 4 pack is standard licenses.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY BLOOD View Post
    what kind of 4 pack license ?? and u have to link steam to FG ??? Download steam ?? @ Nylanfs
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...ntasy_Grounds/ It's the second option

Blog Entries
    To be very clear, you cannot share paid modules back and forth, it is with one account. So if one DM bought Storm Kings Thunder, they cannot share it with someone else to DM.

You can play the same character in different campaigns.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information