FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I watched a video of some live play and these scenes dont move fast so I think that will work fine and look good visually.
    Well, the background clocks there are part of the image, not tokens. I can't think of a way to generate custom content in-client that's faster than denoting progress with tokens and adding labels with that extension. Just scribbling a little circle on scrap paper and naming it is quick and easy, but that's the sort of record keeping that doesn't transfer easily into FG, unless I somehow design an entire window from the ground up for the purpose of displaying this stuff.

Coding it will require something new and specific so Id do what you are doing.
    Yeah. I think this covers the needed bases. Same reason I'm not worried about automating rolls; the /rolld function could be used to roll several d6 and drop all but the highest, but rolls and most other actions in this game are something you discuss at length before doing, as opposed to more mechanically focused games. In D&D, everyone is constantly rolling predefined pools and modifiers against predefined targets, whereas every roll in BitD has to have its action rating, position, effect level, and bonuses determined before dice are picked up.

Blog Entries
    Ok... so... I spent some time on this but before I go further in the direction I am...
    Can you test this out - is it better to have all the clocks on one page or have each one in its own window (like I have now)?
    If they are all on one page what is an average number of clocks/threats/challenges one might need to track?
    What would the rough ratio of clocks be?
    3 extreme clocks
    6 difficult clocks
    6 standard clocks
    Would that be enough clocks to see you through?.

Instructions for current beta extension.
    GM click Library and tick Clocks
    Create new Clock and name it and click the complexity (at the moment you need to close and open to save the name)
    Right click and share.
    Click the clock to advance it.
    If you shared the clock on the wrong complexity right click and close for all, open and click the correct complexity and right click and share.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Ok Ive fixed this bit:

If you shared the clock on the wrong complexity right click and close for all, open and click the correct complexity and right click and share.
    (thanks ianmward)

but will wait on your direction for single vs many clocks before I upload and go further.

I don't really know yet. Haven't run enough sessions to have a concrete idea of what I want yet, to be honest.

Ok Ive fixed this bit:

(thanks ianmward)

but will wait on your direction for single vs many clocks before I upload and go further.
    The extension is also useful for other games that need tracking.

I see it has been awhile since a post has been made in here. Have you all released an extension for this? I recently played a one-shot of this game on Roll20. I wondered if anything had been done on FG. I am loving this system!

Blog Entries
    I havent played the game so I need others to guide me...
    I have a basic clock working - once 3.3.5 comes out the clock slices can go forward and backward (not sure if that is required - it will be for City of Mist if I get around to adding interactive spectrums)...
    Clocks can have 4/6/8 slices (though I think we may actually require 10 slices too?).
    Clocks are shared by GM and players can view but not alter them.

Thread Information