STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Blades in the Dark - One Shots

Since apparently Blades in the Dark is the new hotness, I figured I'd give it a try here on FG, since there doesn't seem to be too much PbtA or related stuff going on.

I'm looking to run a couple of one-shots to help me figure out what I'll need for a decent MoreCore set as well as running a campaign in general.

License: Ultimate
    Time: I'm pretty flexible; mainly looking for afternoons or early evening EST most days. Once I get three or more people agreeing on a time, I'll go ahead and schedule a session.

System: To quote the book, Blades in the Dark is a game about a group of daring scoundrels building a criminal enterprise on the haunted streets of an industrial-fantasy city. There are heists, chases, escapes, dangerous bargains, bloody skirmishes, deceptions, betrayals, victories, and deaths.

It plays very differently than most traditional RPGs, with an emphasis on narrative elements and roleplaying instead of tactical combat. The system is relatively easy to learn, as most of the character information is baked into the character sheets.

Number of players: 3+ to get a session going
    Game duration: One shot sessions, probably around four hours each
    Last edited by Black Hammer; October 30th, 2017 at 21:33.

Blog Entries
    If you need any help working out how to best set out your character sheet and rolls in MoreCore ping me up. Am happy to help you get it setup but Im unlikely to be able to join a game due to all the other stuff real life throws at me. Can do a theme for it for you too.

I appreciate the offer, and I'll probably take you up on it if I get far enough along to have a better sense of what I want automated.

I am in to play... Interested in learning the system. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Cool. I have some interest elsewhere, so are there any times that work better for you?

I've decided to stick to straight MoreCore to start with, and I'll gradually work up a more sophisticated extension as time goes on.

Got a character sheet mostly set up:
    bitdcharsheet.jpg

And here are my clocks, version 3:
    bitdclockexample2.png

Final version of the clocks, I'm going to try drawing up some stylized Steampunk/Gothic clock face, then use a token as the hands. Since tokens can rotate by default, it'll be an easier way to mark time than making a full set of eighths and sixths filling up.

Blog Entries
    I downloaded an earlier quick start rules but havent had tome to read yet.

What are the main dice rolls it uses and how do you calculate success?
    And how does combat work?

Blog Entries
    Heres a start on the theme...

blades-morecore.jpg

And the extension.
    Havent done anything with clocks. Suggest you might want to use the MoreCore - Dice Pool extension too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ooh, that's all kinds of pretty. Looks way better than what I was slapping together piece by piece, since I've never tried something as complicated as a full reskin with an extension.

I'm making progress on the clock design. My design goals with those so far are:

1. Need to be changeable on the fly
    2. Players need to be able to see most, if not all, the clocks at once
    3. Need to be able to mark quarters, sixths, and eighths easily

Right now the plan is to have a single large image sheet with blank clocks on it, then I'll use the Image Label Extension to name them when they are created and then use fractional (1/4, 3/6, etc) tokens to mark them being advanced. I considered using a simple set of clock hands as a token and just rotating it to advance, but that's less visually obvious than the book style of just filling in the clock entirely.

Here's the current setup I'm messing with for clocks:

clurks.png
    clurks2.png

Thread Information