DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 19 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Blog Entries
    Big update to TEST channel!

Players Handbook

• Decided on a new layout for the Races sheets to match the Class sheets.
    • Updated layout for traits and abilities.
    • Set 'locked' status for traits and abilities.

Monsters & Treasure

• Ioun Stones linked to template item.
    • Rings of Elemental Command, Energy Resistance, Protection, and Wizardry created as template items, and each version built as its own item.
    • Tables 4.6 – 4.9 added to Treasure chapter of reference manual.
    • Tables 4.5 – 4.9 added as rollable tables with parcel output.
    • Marked items (Tables 4.5+) non-identified; will mark previous items at a later date.
    • Items in Tables 4.5+ have their GP and XP values set; will mark previous items at a later date.
    • Created all wands in Table 4.7 as items.
    • For 'wand of polymorph' I chose the 'polymorph any object' spell since it's the most powerful, rather than creating a template and a wand for each polymorph variant. Feedback if you'd like me to reconsider.
    • Added spell links to all staves.
    • Bad link for copper dragon 'transmute rock to mud.' Fixed.
    • Bad link for efreeti 'scorching ray.' Fixed.
    • Removed the Magical Treasure list from the main library page. It was a relic from the previous DLC and was incomplete with bad links. I will build a proper list once I get all the items finished. Use the campaign Items button for now.
    • Added remaining descriptions to the Magical Treasure page in the reference manual.

Blog Entries
    Excellent work. Thanks for this.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I'm quite proud of this. I just hope it gets used!

Today's update, TEST channel:

Players Handbook

• renamed gnome <enhancedsenses> data path to <enhancedhearing>
    • added spell links to the gnome ability 'spells'
    • added (Elven Lineage) descriptor to half-elf enhanced senses ability to avoid confusion or tab-flipping

Blog Entries
    One more update before bed.

Monsters & Treasure

• In the 'Errors and Inadequacies' thread, JohnD requested the Special Poisons from Appendix B. So after a brief discussion on Discord today, here they are, with the item type "Special Poison" so you can filter them in the Items master index.
    • Created a Special Poisons equipment list entry in the Library. Finally gave me an excuse to try the reference_groupedlist class and it worked the first try! ::happy dance::

Players Handbook

• Added size and speed data to each race for upcoming ruleset drag-n-drop functionality.
    Last edited by Talyn; January 25th, 2018 at 04:01. Reason: PHB patch

Hello, thank you for the hard work!
    I've also found some typo in the player handbook and monster manual.

a)The ankegh entry mention a spit acid ability, but there is no description for it, nor rollable damage.

b)player handbook optional rules, multiclassing in C&C: the hit dice table has no headers; also, the second column content seems off , and in the sixth column, fifth row there is a typo maybe?

c)player handbook optional rules, class and half: table headers off; also the values in the table should be different from multiclassing.

I did not check the rules' descriptions, nor I own the 7 printing, so please forgive me if TLG has done some changes i dont know of.

Thank you very much for your attention.
    Last edited by Asterionaisien; January 25th, 2018 at 08:56.
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Blog Entries
    @Asterionaisien, dude, thanks so much for reporting those!

It's been awhile so I'm tempted to say I literally plopped the table from the old DLC right into the reference manual. So yeah, several values were just flat out wrong and the entire tables were not supposed to be bold font either.

With the Ankheg, I'm guessing I left out the spit attack because of the saving throw involved. I assumed (there we go with making assumptions again) the GM would have that handled rather than having to "fix" the combat damage that just took place. However, I just added it, so let me know what you think. More importantly, since I've just been heads-down in Notepad++ this whole time manually remastering each monster one at a time from the old DLC, this made me actually load the ankheg into the combat tracker and hey, guess what? It had no attacks, no nothing. None of them did. The ruleset updated those data paths at some point so I did a global search/replace and switched them all over to the new data paths so now all the NPC sheets will be correctly filled out and the combat info will load into the combat tracker.

So, before I go to work for a few days soon, patch just sent to TEST channel:

Players Handbook

• All tables in Appendix A fixed formatting and corrected cell values.

Monsters & Treasure

• Updated all monster data paths to new (correct) data paths. DOH!
    • Added 'spit acid' attack to Ankheg.

I'll do the same if I find other ones.
    Glad to have been useful
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Blog Entries
    Well, you forced me to notice all the monsters were broken, so yeah, you were SUPER useful!

Moon Wizard switched back over to working on the Unity networking code last night, so there may be a delay til this patch gets pushed to the TEST channel...

Edit: Turns out the monsters were not broken at all, there was a problem with the NPC window class being used from the master index list, which is exactly how I was looking at these monsters today. Moon Wizard issued a ruleset fix today, and reverted my monster data back to the previous tags which were correct all along.
    Whew, thought I was going crazy... I knew I had examined several and played some mock combats to check things so I was a bit flummoxed this morning when the sheets were mostly blank.

Thanks, again JPG!
    Last edited by Talyn; January 26th, 2018 at 04:25.

Blog Entries
    CastleTokens.mod

• Renamed to 'Legacy Tokens' instead of 'Classic'

Monsters & Treasure

• Monsters thru 'R' remastered
    • New 'Magic Items' list added to Library entry
    • Deck of Many Things (Alternate Version) added to rollable tables
    • 'Special Poison' type renamed to 'Poison' for compatibility with Crusader's Companion remaster and general future-proofing
    • Naga and Ooze pages added to reference manual
    • Rollable tables put into groups for easier filtering
    • Belt of Giant Strength rollable table set to 'parcel' output

Blog Entries
    Final Patch! This sucker goes live tomorrow with the v3.3.4 client update so I had to rush through the night and all morning to finish it up.

Monsters & Treasure

• All monsters remastered and updated to 4th Printing stats!
    • Trolls now separated into Hill and River Troll entries
    • Vampires, wights and wraiths have their spawn NPCs created and ready to play
    • Deck of Many Things (and Alternate Version) added to reference manual (text tables)
    • Description of Deck of Many Things (item) now refers the CK to the reference manual rather than having a huge wall of text on the item itself.

Ruleset

• Equipment and Item sheets now read 'Value' rather than 'Cost'

I'm still waiting on the token ring art from TLG so the color tokens will come in a later patch. I was on a deadline to finish this before v3.3.4 went live, so here we are. I'm comfortable that it's plenty good enough to go live without the color tokens. There's still room for me to add split more items into templates and their individual variants, and so forth, down the road. As always, feedback is appreciated!

Note: If you haven't been on the TEST channel, this update will break some of the adventure DLC (monster links). I wasn't aware I was on a deadline until late last night, so I haven't had time to go through the DLC and hotfix it yet. I'll start working on that ASAP, hopefully will be able to catch all/most of it before the huge Tuesday update queue goes live.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Talyn; February 5th, 2018 at 17:05. Reason: Screenshot, and DLC hotfix note

Thread Information