STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 19 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Blog Entries
    Monsters & Treasure

New update to the TEST channel:

• Completed monsters through 'F'
    • Many more of the reference tables added to the Treasure chapter of the reference manual.
    • Table 4.1: Potions now available as a rollable table! It's set to Parcel output but (so far) tables are not set read-only so adjust as you need.
    • All Oils/Potions in Table 4.1 have been created as items with their corresponding spells linked in the descriptions. Note: two entries give a choice between Oil or Potion. Only the potion is linked to the table but both variants have been created as items under the Potion category.
    • Applicable notes added to the Fantasy Grounds Conversion Notes page of the reference manual.

The description for the Potion of Water Walk is dripping with sarcasm, as such a spell does not exist despite multiple references in the Players Handbook. I've emailed Steve Chenault on the matter, hoping he'll whip up an explicit description so I can add the missing spell to the PHB and link it to the potion.
    Last edited by Talyn; December 15th, 2017 at 18:52.

The "Water Walk" spell is listed under "Air / Water Walk".

Blog Entries
    [censored] [censored] and [censored] this [censored] stuff! I [censored] hate when they do that crap! And it literally did not come up in a word search in the PDF either. Sigh. I'm seriously considering splitting those into two separate spells in the Players Handbook...

Word search works for me...

Blog Entries
    Right, I got several hits on the phrase but oddly none took me to the actual spell Air/Water Walk other than that short description table there. Not sure why, it's spelled the same on the real spell description. Anyway, it's fixed on my end but not uploaded yet. I'm attempting to wrangle the dragons before I send the next patch before I forget them.

Blog Entries
    New patches just committed:

Players Handbook
    • Corrected spelling (and recordname) of the ventriloquism spell

Monsters & Treasure (TEST channel)
    • Corrected the Potion of Water Walk
    • Deleted page026.jpg and repurposed the monster image version for the reference manual.
    • Added the first few dragons! Black, Blue, Red and Green.

In addition, there's a FEEDBACK version of the Black Dragon (only in the 'NPC' master index). Differences include:
    • XP added to the dragon age category table
    • All abilities in LIST form rather than paragraph text
    • Unique abilities now appear in a 'spell' window rather than plain text.

Compare the two and let me know which layout is easiest to use as a GM.
    Last edited by Talyn; December 16th, 2017 at 14:25.

I like having the XP in the table. I don't care whether or not you also have them in the main description ("See table" is fine, or have the original block of text, but actually having it in the table is good.) All other features of the "feedback" version I like.

Blog Entries
    I'm considering going back and doing the abilities in list format to all the other monsters too. It takes up less space on the page that way, not having the blank space between paragraphs.

For dragons, I'm considering moving 'Dragon Magic' into the Dragon Abilities and just using generic text since it's the same for all of them. At least on a cursory glance. I'll read them all before I make a decision on that.

Blog Entries
    I'm struggling with drone duty at the moment, but will have another look this evening.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Not sure when this will get pushed to TEST but just made another patch:

Monsters & Treasure

• Executive Decision! I like the list format appearance (see previous patch notes with the (Feedback) version of the Black Dragon) so I went back through every monster I'd already done (A through F, except the remaining dragons) and put all abilities in lists.
    • Tweaked the Special Attack data field text for a few monsters to ensure their effects (immunities mostly) would auto-apply when placed onto the Combat Tracker.

Thread Information