STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 19 First ... 67891018 ... Last

Blog Entries
    Castle Keepers Guide

• For some reason, this was a Player Module (client.xml) by default instead of a GM Module (db.xml). FIXED
    • As noted in the other thread, none of the abilities worked. FIXED.

Will most likely get pushed to Live next Tuesday as usual.
    Last edited by Talyn; February 21st, 2018 at 20:47.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Rune Lore — note this is a HOTFIX only!

• Rune Mark class now shows up in the campaign Class list/window.
    • Class abilities now work.
    • Medical Equipment list now populates.

And that's pretty much it. SmiteWorks recently gave permission for Rune Lore to be my next remaster project (after doing some new DLC first) however last night TLG announced in their Kickstarter update for The Adventurer's Backpack that they were totally discontinuing Rune Lore as a product. The Rune Mark class will be moved over to The Adventurer's Backpack. In light of this development, I've taken any remaster plans off the table. I will be doing The Adventurer's Backpack when it releases.

Edit

@Moon Wizard stepped in today while I'm at work and ran a script to fix all the broken links. Most were to Monsters & Treasures of Aihrde it sounds like? Anyway, it was cleared to be pushed for Tuesday's update.

Post Edit

My final hotfix just submitted, everything goes live Tuesday.

• class reference_list added to Library. Forgot to do that last week so the only way to access to class was from the campaign Class button. Fixed.
    • combined all three rune lists into a single grouped list for easier perusal.
    If this is going to be discontinued as a product, and given the state of, well, "50% unfinished" might actually not be too harsh an estimate/descriptor, I hope that Smiteworks is looking at something to do right by the people who paid for an unusable product.

I've said as much in Discord, but I'm mentioning it here as well to make note of the concern. I don't want to derail this particular thread, but I think tptb would do well by their C&C customers to give some serious thought to this.

On the positive side, thanks again for the work you've put in... it has made a huge step forward in using this ruleset.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Castle Keepers Guide

• For some reason, this was a Player Module (client.xml) by default instead of a GM Module (db.xml). FIXED
    • As noted in the other thread, none of the abilities worked. FIXED.

Will most likely get pushed to Live next Tuesday as usual.
    More music playing in my head.

Now, if only the voices would shut up.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    If this is going to be discontinued as a product, and given the state of, well, "50% unfinished" might actually not be too harsh an estimate/descriptor, I hope that Smiteworks is looking at something to do right by the people who paid for an unusable product.
    Troll Lords is officially discontinuing it on their end. Whether SmiteWorks removes the DLC (which would only be for new purchases; if you own it already you'd still have access to it from what I was told anyway) that's their decision. I gave them my opinion on the matter. @Moon Wizard was very kind to jump in and repair all the broken links for me, that is much appreciated. As to the rest of the Rune Lore complaints in the other thread, as I said above if TLG is discontinuing the product I don't see any reason to spend a month or two remastering it here when all of the playable bits (class, runes, etc.) will be part of The Adventurer's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    On the positive side, thanks again for the work you've put in... it has made a huge step forward in using this ruleset.
    Thank you for using it And for being my DLC Beta Reader!

Appreciate the work you’ve been doing. All the more so that I got into a game and can actually experience said work now.

Blog Entries
    Castle Keeper's Guide

• My remaster+update of Monsters & Treasure broke several links in the encounter tables; I knew that going into it. FIXED.
    • There were a bunch of other pre-broken links. FIXED.
    • Added table number/title to the rollable tables.
    • Organized all the tables by chapter for easier filtering in the campaign window dropdown list, à la the 5E DMG.
    • The "Starter Spells" tables in Ch 2 now link directly to the spell data.

Cool? I thought so. But wait, there's more!

NEW MODULE!

Castle Keeper's Guide: Player Options

• New separate Player Module (sharing enabled by default) containing all player-facing data, à la the 5E DMG.
    • All classes (Extended Levels) are built and ready to go with drag and drop abilities.
    • The racial variants (deep dwarf, longleaf halfling, and orc) are likewise built with drag and drop traits.
    • The "Starter Spell" tables mentioned above are copied into this modules so the players have the option of rolling their own random spells. (The "Summoning" tables remain in the CKG because they link to Monsters & Treasure which players do not (by default) have access to.)
    • The equipment list in Ch 3 has been moved here in the form of a Goods & Services list (same as the PHB) so players can shop for themselves. Items have been categorized the same as the new PHB for consistent filtering.
    • The Vampire Hunter Kit is the first Equipment Pack for the C&C ruleset. Works identically to 5E — drop this into a character's inventory and it will unload all the contained items. That script was a stealth update in preparation for The Adventurer's Backpack a little while back that wasn't in the patch notes.

@JohnD is helping me with the values for the items in the Vampire Hunter Kit tonight, then hopefully I'll get this whole thing uploaded in time for the usual Tuesday Update tomorrow.

Edit: It's uploaded now. If @JohnD and I can hammer out the gp values for the items in the kit, cool, they'll go in tomorrow. Otherwise they'll be in next week's patch.
    Last edited by Talyn; February 26th, 2018 at 22:23.

Ho hum... so when are you going to start impr... what the hot holy hell?! Good job sir

I don’t recall reading so many C&C patch notes as I have in last couple months. Thank you all.

Blog Entries
    Nice work here, as usual. ☺

- John Diefenbaker

Wow, so much good stuff going in. Thanks for everything you do!
    Fan of Castles and Crusades/Savage Worlds, just about any rpgs.

I am in Eastern time zone and am fairly open most play times, but do prefer Evening or late night games.

Blog Entries
    The Black Libram of Nartarus

This is a complete remaster of the old product! It will still be a free update for current owners.

• Reference Manual, of course.
    • Some images are now higher quality.
    • NPCs updated to match the layout of the new Monsters & Treasure. Resistances phrased so the Combat Tracker auto-parses.
    • All NPCs have a description that can be clicked to the chat frame.
    • Tokens! These are actually the original tokens that no one ever saw because the links were incorrectly coded. NPCs without art have letter tokens.
    • Spells updated, cleaned up, and new class spell lists created.
    • Magic Items now show up in the Items campaign window, and contain all data and categorization, just like those in Monsters & Treasure.
    • Minor copy-editing to clean up some of the text in various places.

I'm still waiting for that token ring art so I can put the new tokens into Monsters & Treasure. Once that happens, I will make all-new versions of these tokens as well.

Thread Information