STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 19 First ... 910111213 ... Last

Blog Entries
    I'm of the group who completely could not care less about dice probability mathematics. The table is 2-24 which at a real life table would be 2d12. I will concede that it's entirely plausible I was randomly getting nothing but "1" results because random can work that way, but for my two cents I'd rather have it roll the same dice that I would playing face to face. But that's what feedback is for. If FG users want d23+1 that can be arranged.

Regarding the secondary skills table, reading the text related to the table helps clarify: "If rolling for secondary skills, roll 2d12 to determine the result."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Tried to do this before it hit the store but I didn't get access in time...

Elemental Spells

• Updated categories to "Supplements" and "Companions"
    • Renamed the GM module to "Castle Keeper Companion"

Blog Entries
    Monsters & Treasure

• Added "sassone leaf" as a Type IV poison. (Heart of Darkness)
    • Built every gemstone found in Table 1.0 as items under the Treasure category.

This is Step 1 to eventually having Table 1.0 (there will actually have to be 18 of them; one for each Treasure Type) be automated to randomly generate a treasure parcel. The way TLG constructed these tables present many challenges, and it remains to be seen if I can pull this off, but in the meantime here are some gemstones you can reward your players. Each gemstone has a description as well (wow did that take a long time researching all these gems...) but no "non_id" names or descriptions. If someone wants those and is willing to come up with the text, I'll happily include them in a future patch.
    Last edited by Talyn; March 21st, 2018 at 18:15.

Umm... 2d12 all the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I'm of the group who completely could not care less about dice probability mathematics. The table is 2-24 which at a real life table would be 2d12. I will concede that it's entirely plausible I was randomly getting nothing but "1" results because random can work that way, but for my two cents I'd rather have it roll the same dice that I would playing face to face. But that's what feedback is for. If FG users want d23+1 that can be arranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Umm... 2d12 all the way...
    Yeah, the C&C rulebook says that. RAW!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Monsters & Treasure

• New! Featheredged Weapon table, placed in the Magic Items group
    • Table linked in both featheredged weapon magic item entries
    • Renamed the 'Special Poisons' list to simply 'Poisons'
    • Added 'Value' column to the Treasure (Gems) list
    • Added mention on the conversion notes page (reference manual) that permission was given to include the sassone leaf poison

Was the section in the CKG in chapter 19 (pages 334 to 336) dealing with disease, insanity, and infections with tables for mild, severe, chronic, and terminal infection omitted or am I not looking in the proper area. I did not see them listed in the CKG chapter 19 or listed under tables.

Blog Entries
    The CKG currently available is the previous printing, and Tables 19.1 and 19.2 were all that existed at the time. @Mortar is in the process of remastering the CKG DLC and updating it to the current printing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    The CKG currently available is the previous printing, and Tables 19.1 and 19.2 were all that existed at the time. @Mortar is in the process of remastering the CKG DLC and updating it to the current printing.
    It will be really nice when it's completed.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information