Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    Things like replacing the radial right-click menu with its occasionally-confusing icons with a drop-down menu labelled in English would just on its own make a big difference with a lot of new users and not alter the way the back-end works or hamper compatibility with the old modules.
    Okay I accept I have used this product for 12 years and thus I am used to the interface but I had no problem getting used to the program when I started (there were no youtube videos by dulux-oz back then!), but the forums were as helpful as they are now!

Changing the interface would annoy all the current users more I suspect that intimidate new users, it would certainly annoy me that a product UI that has been perfectly acceptable for me for the last 12 years suddenly changed and I had to re-learn everything, (please note that I am not averse to change and I suspect and accept one day I may have to re-learn things if/when the UI changes).

Anyhow back to topic, did this a few years back when Steam version first launched...

My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I would murder for a drop down context menu

I don’t want it. Part of the charm of FG is that it does not look like your typical butt ugly windows application. If people want something easy th y go to roll20. It is crazy to believe you can have something that manages over a thousand pages of rules and you can learn it in 10 minutes. Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I don’t want it. Part of the charm of FG is that it does not look like your typical butt ugly windows application. If people want something easy th y go to roll20. It is crazy to believe you can have something that manages over a thousand pages of rules and you can learn it in 10 minutes. Just my opinion, of course.
    Options is why it would be good to add. You might like the radial menu setup. Myself, they took some getting use to. But giving people options to make it a drop down context menu would only make it easier to people to change over or buy FG.

I love FG and it is the whole reason I am back into playing D&D. Getting a game together with my friends in person is basically impossible. But us being able to not have to do any traveling and even means can play longer.

Done. I've been meaning to do a review for FG for a while and haven't got around to it. Got the update email while I was on vacation so I decided to write it up and post it once I got home. Keep up the good work!

PopinFRESH's Review

P.S. I tried to write more but Steam said too many characters! so I had to trim it back a bit while still articulating my core perspectives
    Last edited by PopinFRESH; November 18th, 2017 at 23:01.

Thread Information