FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 91 of 101 First ... 41818990919293 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Can you show us some screenshots showing what effects you are trying to add.
    I Can add effects to items, the item is equipped but no effect moves to the CT automatically. I CAN equip an item while the character IS in the CT and that DOES work. Any effect in the abilities tab does not transfer to the CT. See attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The effects created in the abilities tab of a PC will only apply to the CT when the character is placed on the CT. So if the character is already on the CT then the effects won't be applied. For the effect you want you would be better creating it on the Actions tab of the PC; and you won't need then to remove and replace PCs to get such effects to apply.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Good Day McCherry
    When you are adding an effect to the player the player then needs to be removed and added back to the CT for the effect to kick in. It looks like you are trying to add an effect to a character that is already on the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day McCherry
    When you are adding an effect to the player the player then needs to be removed and added back to the CT for the effect to kick in. It looks like you are trying to add an effect to a character that is already on the CT.
    I am aware of this, this is not the case. I have removed and readded the character, no effects are automated to the CT.

This is working for me. I wonder if some other extension that you are using is interfering?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This is working for me. I wonder if some other extension that you are using is interfering?
    Assistant GM FGU.EXT was the culprit

Quote Originally Posted by McCherry View Post
    Assistant GM FGU.EXT was the culprit
    Pure voodoo code fix to see if it prevents the conflict as I don't have this extension - if it does not then they will just have to conflict. Basically, at a guess, they are doing the same thing I was...

CombatRecordManager.setRecordTypePostAddCallback(" charsheet", onPostAdd);

So the best I could do was find if someone already defined this with

savePostAddCallback = CombatRecordManager.getRecordTypePostAddCallback(" charsheet");

and call it first. Of course any extension that does not do this sort of thing for RecordType callbacks will stomp me in turn if load order is not in my favor. Some things just conflict. We will see if this helped.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Pure voodoo code fix to see if it prevents the conflict as I don't have this extension - if it does not then they will just have to conflict. Basically, at a guess, they are doing the same thing I was...

CombatRecordManager.setRecordTypePostAddCallback(" charsheet", onPostAdd);

So the best I could do was find if someone already defined this with

savePostAddCallback = CombatRecordManager.getRecordTypePostAddCallback(" charsheet");

and call it first. Of course any extension that does not do this sort of thing for RecordType callbacks will stomp me in turn if load order is not in my favor. Some things just conflict. We will see if this helped.
    Silent Ruin Has fixed the issue!

As of tonight, I'm getting an error code every time FGU tries to apply damage or healing to a PC or NPC, and the damage is not applied. Whether it's done by dragging the damage/ healing onto the token, onto the CT listing, onto the PC portrait, or simply having the source of the damage target the target, it doesn't go. This was fixed by reloading without Advanced Effects (found through trial and error by turning off 2 or 3 extensions at a time then reloading, then narrowing it down to one). I can't tell you which other extension Adv Eff may be conflicting with to cause this, but here's theextensions 2.jpgextensions 1.jpg list of what was loaded with it (2 images)

and here is the error message
    error advanced effects.jpg
    Last edited by ColoradoGM; June 26th, 2023 at 01:57.

I'm not seeing any errors with this extension. So I would surmise that either one of the (too) many extensions you have loaded is the issue or there is a conflict. You can't really expect Celestian to plow through all of those extensions to find out what might be the issue; if indeed, the issue is a conflict between this extension and some other one. I'm afraid that's up to you.

I'd first check that all of the extensions you have are up to date. Remember that some of those are not on the forge so you'll have to go back to the DMsGuild or wherever you got the extensions and check. Your list also shows some extensions that are no longer needed like token height and I'm not sure you need Better Combat effects and Better Combat Effects Gold. You may want to consider whether you actually need all of those extension as well.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; June 26th, 2023 at 13:41.

Thread Information