FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 48 of 101 First ... 3846474849505898 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    @Celestian,

I did notice while testing for Arghun's issue that with "PC: Adv. Effect Edit" off, players are still able to add/see and edit Advanced Effects on their player sheet on the abilities tab, however, it does turn off the see able effects on items, and the ability to edit or add effects on items.

Is this meant to be this way?
    I've not looked at that in a good while. It's suppose to not allow them to edit it but see it. I'll review after the holidays and see. It's not something I think a lot of people use so doesn't get much use.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I've not looked at that in a good while. It's suppose to not allow them to edit it but see it. I'll review after the holidays and see. It's not something I think a lot of people use so doesn't get much use.
    I would like them to not see it or edit it with that off. This allows me as a DM to do cursed effects or hidden effects on an item that players wouldn't know about.

I would like them to not see it or edit it with that off. This allows me as a DM to do cursed effects or hidden effects on an item that players wouldn't know about.
    I just checked and its working.

If disabled they cannot see the effects/edit. If enabled they can see/edit. If the setting is toggled while they have it opened it wont change till they reopen.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I just checked and its working.

If disabled they cannot see the effects/edit. If enabled they can see/edit. If the setting is toggled while they have it opened it wont change till they reopen.
    Clean load, no exts other than Adv Effects. This is the players view, it was set to disabled BEFORE they loaded in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Clean load, no exts other than Adv Effects. This is the players view, it was set to disabled BEFORE they loaded in.
    Oh, yeah, this toggle only works for items. Not abilities. Those are supposed to be editable by the player all the time.
    ---

Just discovered this amazing ext! Thanks for your hard work, Celestian!

I've been having a really hard time getting it to work though, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

So far, I've turned on the extension during the campaign setup screen. And I've had a try at coding a weapon - but the effect doesn't appear to be applying. Here is a still of the code and what is being generated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Capture.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by emoska View Post
    Just discovered this amazing ext! Thanks for your hard work, Celestian!

I've been having a really hard time getting it to work though, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

So far, I've turned on the extension during the campaign setup screen. And I've had a try at coding a weapon - but the effect doesn't appear to be applying. Here is a still of the code and what is being generated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Capture.PNG
    Uneqip the item and reequip it will take effect. That effect is likely not a good place to put it on the item itself if it is action only. As it will need to be reequiped over and over again for it to take effect.

Uneqip the item and reequip it will take effect. That effect is likely not a good place to put it on the item itself if it is action only. As it will need to be reequiped over and over again for it to take effect.
    Amazing! Thanks for the help - worked right away! I'll remove Action Only too.

Perhaps I am missing something....

Not sure what you mean, that's specifically the reason I wrote AE. He should only need to re-quip the item if the effect never existed before and if they keep the item equipped the effect should always show in the CT.

It also should work only when attacks are made with that weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by emoska View Post
    Amazing! Thanks for the help - worked right away! I'll remove Action Only too.
    See my above comment. I do this type of thing all the time (a weapon that does X to specific creature type). Check out the previous comments with working examples.
    ---

Thanks for the clarification, Celestian. I can confirm that after unequipping the item once, coding the effect, and the re-equipping it - action-only works fine each time.

Can I also ask, how can saving throw advantage against breath weapons be coded? (I don't know the command for breath weapons). But in, essence, would it be something like:

IFT: TYPE(breath weapon); ADVSAV

Thread Information