FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 46 of 101 First ... 3644454647485696 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    Based on my testing with turning on and off extensions, I believe the 5e advanced effects doesn't play nice with the latest patch of unity. The newest patch from today (12/08) added native support for versatile weapons. If I load with advanced effects, it doesn't work properly. If I load without it, the damage dice of weapons properly switches when you switch how you are wielding the weapon (one or two handed).
    I do not know what "versatile" weapons means in this context or how to configure one. Also not clear what wasn't working and what was?

My testing locally seems to show things still work at least superficially.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Versatile weapons are ones that can have a different damage dice based on if you are using it with one or two hands. A warhammer does either a D8 or D10 damage if it is used with one or two hands, respectively. Before the update, you had to create and maintain two different attack actions for the versatile weapon; one for each damage dice. Now FGU has native support for any weapon with the versatile property such that if you switch between the one or two handed options, it switches the damage dice automatically. If I have advanced effects loaded, if I switch between what hand(s) are holding the weapon the damage dice doesn't change. If I don't load it, then the damage dice will automatically change when I swap between how the weapon is held. I would load images to help describe what I am saying, but I don't know how on these forums . It is a small quality of life issue. It is not like it breaks FGU or your extension. I just wanted to point it out.

JUst talked with Rob, he said they had trouble with Advanced Effects too... It is interfering in the latest update where they added Weapon Versatility ... for whatever reason AE is interfering with versatile and light weapons, it can't recognize either and so the weapon handling will not switch to versatile damage on weapons or take off bonus str/dex modifier on off hand weapons ...

Just thought you should know.

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    JUst talked with Rob, he said they had trouble with Advanced Effects too... It is interfering in the latest update where they added Weapon Versatility ... for whatever reason AE is interfering with versatile and light weapons, it can't recognize either and so the weapon handling will not switch to versatile damage on weapons or take off bonus str/dex modifier on off hand weapons ...

Just thought you should know.
    Aye, 2 mentions. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and post my findings.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I think this fixes the issue with the new versatile weapons in 5e. If someone more familiar with 5e could confirm (see attached) I'd be grateful.

This is version 4.7. If it passes I'll remove from this post and update the first post download link.

(removed download link and moved to release post)
    Last edited by celestian; December 9th, 2020 at 20:13.
    ---

Awesome! I will give it a shot tonight once I am done with work.

@celestian,

Just pushed a couple updates for next week into the Test channel that affect ActorManager2 and CharWeaponManager global scripts. Not sure if they'll affect your extension.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I think this fixes the issue with the new versatile weapons in 5e. If someone more familiar with 5e could confirm (see attached) I'd be grateful.

This is version 4.7. If it passes I'll remove from this post and update the first post download link.
    This version seems to work fine in all my tests. I tried every combination of offhand, primary hand, two handed, and twohanded fighting style.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

It is working now for me too.

Update 4.7: Fix: Various tweaks for 5E 3.3.12 changes (versatile weapons)

(see first post)
    ---

Thread Information