5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 101 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Armour & Shield AC Equiping and Uneqiping is a little Dicky
    If a PC is wearing Armour and carrying a shield Unequiping the armor removes the shield as well when it should just remove the armor AC

If you unequip a shield it removes the shield AC bonus..Good. When the shield is reEquiped it doesnts add it back on

(..and i see when I come unto you that I bear only ill and carry all but tidings dire)
    Are you talking about effects? This extension shouldn't have any effect on AC granted by items outside of you giving it an AC: X effect.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Are you talking about effects? This extension shouldn't have any effect on AC granted by items outside of you giving it an AC: X effect.
    Nope in the AC calculation on the front Main page. Its possibly a FG Function that was put in and I never noticed. In that case its thier bug

EDIT: Just checked. YEP its thier bug. Sorry thought it was something you did. As you were. Im off to whine at Moon.....
    Last edited by Willot; November 16th, 2017 at 21:14.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Nope in the AC calculation on the front Main page. Its possibly a FG Function that was put in and I never noticed. In that case its thier bug

EDIT: Just checked. YEP its thier bug. Sorry thought it was something you did. As you were. Im off to whine at Moon.....
    If you can replicate it without the Advanced Effects extension that would rule it out. Let me know what your test shows.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

was given the following once i had an item be equipped:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:391: attempt to index field 'original' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:391: attempt to index field 'original' (a nil value)

Are you using any other extensions? If so try turning those off until you don’t get any errors.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Are you using any other extensions? If so try turning those off until you don’t get any errors.
    yes i found that after removing the death tokens indicator - blood splats the error did not come up. thanks for the help

Hi!

What would be the step by step process to create a potion of healing for example?

I've tried but I can't apply the healing effect...

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lordmenta View Post
    Hi!

What would be the step by step process to create a potion of healing for example?

I've tried but I can't apply the healing effect...

Many thanks
    Potion of healing isn't an effect, it's an onuse sorta thing. You'd add a power that applies the +heal depending on the type. Not something this extension would be useful for.

It would be good if the 5E ruleset had those powers already on the items so when you gained them they would be automatically added to your power list but right now I don't think it does that. There might be some "wording" you can put in the description that will make it do that.

I added the ability to add powers in my ruleset to items so it adds/removes the powers when gained/lost....but the 5e one I'm not sure how to do it with.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Celestian ... most excellent extension ... but can I make ONE FEATURE request to make this even better? Can you make it so that a PLAYER is able to add effects to their own weapons and what not? Why? I just think a GM's life is already quite busy and when a players item receives some mystical property, i would SO MUCH RATHER they add the effect onto their item. Hence my request to add a feature to your MOST EXCELLENT extension!

With my very limited coding experience points ... I be thinking the fix is in "advanced_effects.xml" but i'm not clear on where permissions, or how permissions are set to make modifications therein. So if you are busy and a developer is reading this ... any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    Celestian ... most excellent extension ... but can I make ONE FEATURE request to make this even better? Can you make it so that a PLAYER is able to add effects to their own weapons and what not? Why? I just think a GM's life is already quite busy and when a players item receives some mystical property, i would SO MUCH RATHER they add the effect onto their item. Hence my request to add a feature to your MOST EXCELLENT extension!

With my very limited coding experience points ... I be thinking the fix is in "advanced_effects.xml" but i'm not clear on where permissions, or how permissions are set to make modifications therein. So if you are busy and a developer is reading this ... any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
    That is a pretty simple change. The main reason I did not allow them to edit was so players could not see effects. If I give them the ability to edit they will see effects. So, DMs that have ID'd and non ID'd items the players could see/edit the effects regardless.

I might could see if I can have it so if the item is not ID'd they couldn't see/edit but that's going to be a little more work.
    ---

Thread Information