5E Character Create Playlist
Page 36 of 100 First ... 2634353637384686 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Hi Lou,

Finisher; IFT: prone; DMG: 1d4 works fine for me if it put it on the PC sheet as an effect. However I cannot seem to get it to work on the weapon under the Effect Features using the Advanced Effects extension.

E.G:
    I create an item in the Item list, lets say a dagger, (1d4) then I put in the effect code so that when the target is prone FG detects it and then rolls 2d4 (1d4 (dagger) + 1d4 (prone)). Put the dagger on the PC sheet and have them equip it. When the PC rolls damage it only pops up 1d4.
    Do I need to put 2d4 in the effect code to ensure the 2nd die goes off when the target is prone? Or maybe I need to do 2 separate effects on the item? DMG: 1d4 as the first effect and then a second effect for 1d4 if the target condition = prone?

I did test putting in 2d4 on the weapon effect

Finisher; IFT: prone; DMG: 2d4

but I couldn't get that to work correctly either. It still only rolled 1d4
    When they equip the dagger, are you seeing the effect get applied? Because that exact code works just fine for me. I also made sure to apply the Prone effect to the target here by a 3rd party (not the attacker with the Finisher weapon) to make sure that wasn't the problem.

prone.jpg

Thanks Celestian,

I did some tinkering and basically deleted the item, recreated it from scratch and removed the description so it just had the effect code. Logging in to the localhost it worked fine after that.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Having an issue with effects from items always being set to GM view only, no matter what the visibility setting is. This was tested this morning in a campaign with no other extensions loaded. I can see the effect appearing and being removed when the item is equipped, but it is always set to GM view only.

For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Having an issue with effects from items always being set to GM view only, no matter what the visibility setting is. This was tested this morning in a campaign with no other extensions loaded. I can see the effect appearing and being removed when the item is equipped, but it is always set to GM view only.

Yup, I ran across the visibility bug and corrected it a month back but have been waiting on FGU... thinking I could make it work for that when released and push it out since it was a minor thing. Grab the version on the repo (just pushed one with current .ext) that should work.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I am still learning effects. Is there a source where I can learn how to apply and/or use this new extension.....sorry for not understanding all of it yet...

Hi txc,

I'm new as well. Start with the 5e effects page from FG
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

Then assuming you have the effects coding module from Rob2e that comes with the license go in and drop them on a dummy PC. See how they work by clicking the magnifying glass and drilling down. It's much easier to comprehend if you reverse engineer as opposed to starting from scratch.

Then once you understand syntax you can add it to other stuff using advanced effects. I built a bunch of equipment with custom effects using the extension and it's great but it can be tricky. Knowing how the foundations of effects creation makes it much easier. And I am by no means good at it. I just looked, tested, compared, failed, iterated.

The first post in this thread provides examples of how it works. But it isn't easy to grasp of you don't understand how effects themselves work.

Depending on what you're looking to do I'd be happy to show you how I worked it out and provide examples. Also the forums are excellent if you have the patience to sift though a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Hi txc,

Then assuming you have the effects coding module from Rob2e that comes with the license
    No such effects coding package comes with the license.

Another source of learning how to create and use effects here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

[QUOTE=Zacchaeus;519209]No such effects coding package comes with the license.

My bad I did buy a lot of content and the licence all at once so I might have missed that

Sorry!

Thanks....I will let you know how I do as I progress in this....the help is greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to have an effect apply only when attacking with a certain weapon?

There's a paladin in my group that dual wields a shortsword holy avenger and a hammer of throwing. Using the 5E - Advanced Effects extension I put an IFT on each weapon. Giant for the hammer and undead/fiend for the shortsword. That all works great to a point.

Whenever he attacks with either weapon, both IFT are processed.

Is there a way to make it only process the IFT when that specific weapon is being used to attack with, regardless of it's equipped status?

Thread Information