FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 28 of 101 First ... 1826272829303878 ... Last
    Hey Celestian,
    I'm trying (for the first time) to use this for a Sunsword (from Curse of Strahd). For some reason, I can't get it to work and it could be just the string I'm using. I'm entering under the "Effect Features": Longsword Sunsword; IFT: TYPE (undead); DMG: 1d8 radiant to add the d8 radiant to undead but it doesn't seem to take it. When I add this to the combat tracker, it does work. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure it's probably something stupid. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Hey Celestian,
    I'm trying (for the first time) to use this for a Sunsword (from Curse of Strahd). For some reason, I can't get it to work and it could be just the string I'm using. I'm entering under the "Effect Features": Longsword Sunsword; IFT: TYPE (undead); DMG: 1d8 radiant to add the d8 radiant to undead but it doesn't seem to take it. When I add this to the combat tracker, it does work. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure it's probably something stupid. Thanks!
    This works for me.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hmmm - I think I have it exactly like you do above: IFT:TYPE(undead);DMG: 1d8 radiant. I'm somewhat vexed. I can get it to work in the CT though...

Hey Celestian,
    Try not to place the "Longsword Sunsword;" in the line, just "IFT:TYPE(undead);DMG: 1d8 radiant". Maybe thats interfering.

Quote Originally Posted by Salva View Post
    Try not to place the "Longsword Sunsword;" in the line, just "IFT:TYPE(undead);DMG: 1d8 radiant". Maybe thats interfering.
    Thanks for the response Salva, I did try that actually (see the post above yours)

Thanks for the response Salva, I did try that actually (see the post above yours)
    Ya, im trying right now and is not working for me neither.
    It does work if you configure the effect as an spell or power or if you add it in the Abilities tab but not directly in the weapon.
    Also will work if you first config the effect on a weapon and they drag it on the player.
    Last edited by Salva; March 28th, 2020 at 01:04.

Yeah - I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I've attached a file if that helps...Sunsword.png

Yeah - I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I've attached a file if that helps...Sunsword.png
    Ok i think i know what is the problem.
    Check that the weapon is in "equipped" state in the inventory tab.
    Im almost sure you have it in "carried" or "not carried" and thats why the effect is not being applied correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Salva View Post
    Ok i think i know what is the problem.
    Check that the weapon is in "equipped" state in the inventory tab.
    Im almost sure you have it in "carried" or "not carried" and thats why the effect is not being applied correctly.
    Well Salva, as soon as you said that, I realized that was the issue. I knew it had to be something stupid I was (or wasn't) doing). It works now. Thank you very much!!!

Well Salva, as soon as you said that, I realized that was the issue. I knew it had to be something stupid I was (or wasn't) doing). It works now. Thank you very much!!!
    If the effect isn't on the PC in the CT then it's probably not equipped. I thought you had said it was in the CT so I did not mention that.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information