Starfinder Playlist
Page 27 of 101 First ... 1725262728293777 ... Last
    Hi Celestian!

I'm seeing these since the update to 3.3.10. They seem to only appear if combined with 5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_5_9 (which I'm debugging).

Runtime Notice: s'manager_effect_adnd.lua' | s'isValidCheckEffect' | s'bResult' | bTRUE

Looking at the lua, I'm not sure how critical that debug statement is...

Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    Hi Celestian!

I'm seeing these since the update to 3.3.10. They seem to only appear if combined with 5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_5_9 (which I'm debugging).

Runtime Notice: s'manager_effect_adnd.lua' | s'isValidCheckEffect' | s'bResult' | bTRUE

Looking at the lua, I'm not sure how critical that debug statement is...
    I'm not sure what that's from. Checking my extension code I don't even see a debug to console for that. I've no familiarity with the Combat Enhancer.

I went back several revs of my code and don't see that.

I'd suggest clearing out any local versions and downloading the latest and seeing if it's still an issue. From my testing of 5E I've not seen any issues with the current version with 3.3.9 or 3.3.10.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

For reference:

AdvancedEffects->manager_effect_adnd.lua line 581.

Yeah, still does it. Not saying the problem is with AdvancedEffect, trying to understand what that debug indicates.
    Last edited by 4wire; March 12th, 2020 at 03:27.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    For reference:

AdvancedEffects->manager_effect_adnd.lua line 581.
    Line 581 in manager_effect_adnd.lua is

Hum, that IS the current version of the extension here but not the latest. I'll correct that. My mistake... I thought I had updated when I guess I had not.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Update 4.2: Bugfix: issues with DMonly flags on effects.

Also cleans out some irrelevant debug code left dangling in older versions of the extension.
    ---

I'll give that a spin! Cheers man!

Celestina, you are on fire with the FGU extensions! Is there any chance this will also come to FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusMapal View Post
    Celestina, you are on fire with the FGU extensions! Is there any chance this will also come to FGU?
    Have you tried it? I'm not aware of any changes that would keep it from working but if you find something I'll take a look.
    ---

I've been using this tool for some time and only recently had a closer look at how it works. I had assumed (wrongly) that if I applied an effect to a sword that checked for undead and added +2 dmg it only applied to that sword. But it seems that once an effect is loaded onto a player it applies to everything, every weapon or dmg event.

Is there a way to apply an effect specifically, only, to an item when it is used? I am guessing not but can't hurt to ask.

Also, if you use an IFT can I have multiple efects from the one check? eg IFT: TYPE(Undead): ATK 2; DMG 2; or do you have to check for each mod... IFT: TYPE(Undead): ATK 2; IFT: TYPE(Undead): DMG 2; or can you use commas? IFT: TYPE(Undead): ATK 2, DMG 2; (not sure if colons and semis are right but you get the point).

Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    I've been using this tool for some time and only recently had a closer look at how it works. I had assumed (wrongly) that if I applied an effect to a sword that checked for undead and added +2 dmg it only applied to that sword. But it seems that once an effect is loaded onto a player it applies to everything, every weapon or dmg event.

Is there a way to apply an effect specifically, only, to an item when it is used? I am guessing not but can't hurt to ask.

Also, if you use an IFT can I have multiple efects from the one check? eg IFT: TYPE(Undead): ATK 2; DMG 2; or do you have to check for each mod... IFT: TYPE(Undead): ATK 2; IFT: TYPE(Undead): DMG 2; or can you use commas? IFT: TYPE(Undead): ATK 2, DMG 2; (not sure if colons and semis are right but you get the point).
    Set the "action only" value on the effect.

---

Thread Information