5E Character Create Playlist
Page 20 of 101 First ... 1018192021223070 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ae4355 View Post
    I'm not certain if I'm doing something incorrectly, but I haven't been able to figure this out. I have a cleric who gained a ring that adds +1 to WIS. And so the ring is coded [WIS:1;] visbility [hide]. They have a base WIS score of 19. When rolling a WIS Check or WIS saving throw, the Effect +1 is present, however, when casting a spell on a target that prompts a SAVE DC check, the additional WIS +1 is not calculated.
    Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    I have a similar issue, but it is with coded Gauntlets of Ogre Power, and the carrying capacity on the character sheet doesn't reflect the adjustments added by items.
    Both of these are related to how these type of effects are applied. You can read some discussions about them here and here.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So, for the gauntlets of oger power, I'd actually need to not put this effect on the item, but rather, create a custom Action on the respective character's character sheet, and have the player click it "on" when the gaultlets are equiped, and that should incrament the carrying capacity and other STR-related options?

So, for the gauntlets of oger power, I'd actually need to not put this effect on the item, but rather, create a custom Action on the respective character's character sheet, and have the player click it "on" when the gaultlets are equiped, and that should incrament the carrying capacity and other STR-related options?
    Based on my understanding of how 5E style effects are supposed to work yes. Since this extension needs to change the "source" of the effect to maintain it properly that is the one case where it doesn't work the way you'd expect. The 5E ruleset needs the "source" to be the player for ability scores and I believe saves.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Celestian is correct. For effects which rely on a PCTag (STR, DEX, LVL, PRF, CLASS) those effects need to be applied from the action tab of the character's sheet. This is because to work correctly FG needs to know what the source of the Tag is. If the effect is on an action tab then FG knows that the source is the player character and so it can find the STR, DEX or whatever it needs to work out what the bonus should be. If the tag is on an item it can't know because the item doesn't have such ability scores, levels, proficiencies or class.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have a similar issue, but it is with coded Gauntlets of Ogre Power, and the carrying capacity on the character sheet doesn't reflect the adjustments added by items.
    I'm not where I can test, but check if it applies from effects/spells. If not then that might be a bug report for 5e rather than an issue with the advanced effects mod. If spells work and the items don't then it is probably the mod.

Might and probably are as accurate as I can get without testing.

Edit: Ninja'd by the experts. ^.^
    Last edited by GavinRuneblade; March 30th, 2019 at 18:54.

Hey Celestian, I am only up to page 3 but I saw the time and I need to setup for GAME OF THRONES (tearfest likely) tonight.

What I wanted to know is do you have a writeup somewhere for this extension where some of the cycle options are explained?

I am transferring some of this code from the Core/2E to my S&W for races (I try to copy small parts at a time to understand them and not to take more than need which then confuses readers, including me 6 months later)

I see for example on Ability modifiers:
    Modifier, Modifier%, Base, Base%

(There may be more, I only just finished saves one and started on this one)

So modifier seems clear and easy. What is modifier%, is it like +10% on STR? I suspect not since that would result in weird numbers but maybe something in 2E has this its been years

What would BASE mean in Ability Effects? Is it like it gives you a Min Str if Base->str->12 is set?? Not sure here -and of course BASE% is even more confusing to me.

6 MINS TO WINTERFELL BATTLE.... I'm outies...

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Hey Celestian, I am only up to page 3 but I saw the time and I need to setup for GAME OF THRONES (tearfest likely) tonight.

What I wanted to know is do you have a writeup somewhere for this extension where some of the cycle options are explained?

I am transferring some of this code from the Core/2E to my S&W for races (I try to copy small parts at a time to understand them and not to take more than need which then confuses readers, including me 6 months later)

I see for example on Ability modifiers:
    Modifier, Modifier%, Base, Base%

(There may be more, I only just finished saves one and started on this one)

So modifier seems clear and easy. What is modifier%, is it like +10% on STR? I suspect not since that would result in weird numbers but maybe something in 2E has this its been years

What would BASE mean in Ability Effects? Is it like it gives you a Min Str if Base->str->12 is set?? Not sure here -and of course BASE% is even more confusing to me.

6 MINS TO WINTERFELL BATTLE.... I'm outies...
    I'm not sure what you're after but the Advanced Effects thread here isn't the same as the Advanced Effects in the 2E ruleset. The 2E ruleset has a expanded list of features on effects. This mod doesn't do anything with base ability scores because 5E doesn't support it.
    ---

Sorry, question still stands but will move to workshop and try to restate -wasn’t looking at this ext - made mistake thand bling was same of course it isn’t but was rushing and tried to not start a thread.

Anyhow I it’s still n bio and I posted during the paused hbogo

Blog Entries
    Varsuuk - you are dribbling again!

Issue with the extension

Hello guys,

I have been trying the extension for a while, but I have experienced a big issue.

Basically, if I use the following syntax, it doesn't work:

IFT: TYPE (dragon); ATK: 2

I left the spaces in the same way I typed it on FG.

However, if I try the same conditional effect, but instead of "ATK: 2", with "DMG: 2d8" (i.e.) it seems working properly.

May someone help me, please?

Thanks

Thread Information