5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 13 of 101 First ... 311121314152363 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    What was the issue celestian?
    The onChildDelete issue? It was because I did this:

DB.addHandler("charsheet.*.inventorylist.*", "onChildDeleted", updateFromDeletedInventory);

instead of this:

DB.addHandler("charsheet.*.inventorylist", "onChildDeleted", updateFromDeletedInventory);

Note the removed .* on the end of .inventorylist.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The onChildDelete issue? It was because I did this:

DB.addHandler("charsheet.*.inventorylist.*", "onChildDeleted", updateFromDeletedInventory);

instead of this:

DB.addHandler("charsheet.*.inventorylist", "onChildDeleted", updateFromDeletedInventory);

Note the removed .* on the end of .inventorylist.
    This is not going to look good on your annual review...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, Celestian. You have done some great work on this, and it almost makes me wish I played 5e.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Thanks, Celestian. You have done some great work on this, and it almost makes me wish I played 5e.
    hah, I've been tempted to play 5e myself mainly cause of all the content and then I wouldn't need to write these things but then it's part of the fun.

It's sourced from my AD&D ruleset, to bad you don't play that either
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yeah, I am a PF guy. I think WotC hit the ideal balance with 3.5, and I turned to PF when Wizards went to that awful 4th edition.

I used to play AD&D many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This is not going to look good on your annual review...
    Tis true

I pickup new things like this daily. I'm envious of the guys that have been doing this for years and know all this stuff
    ---

Did this extension get broken with the latest patch? My PLAYER advanced effects no longer seem to be getting added to the Combat Tracker when adding the player to the tracker (not visible in the Combat Tracker as an effect on the character) nor are they applying when damage is done to the player. Thnx

EDIT - perhaps nevermind? The effects I was trying to add were Jack of all Trades and racial Resists. The effects code works just fine as a Action Power, but the same syntax will not work in the Advanced Effects area of the Abilities tab. After reading some more of this thread I am taking it those type of effects have to be manually applied? If this is correct please just ignore this post. Thnx again celestian
    Last edited by Kibri_Oakbright; August 17th, 2018 at 08:51.

Racial resistances should work fine with this extension I think (RESIST: <damagetype> should work. For Jack of All trades it depends on how you are creating the effect.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Kibri_Oakbright View Post
    Did this extension get broken with the latest patch? My PLAYER advanced effects no longer seem to be getting added to the Combat Tracker when adding the player to the tracker (not visible in the Combat Tracker as an effect on the character) nor are they applying when damage is done to the player. Thnx
    It should function as expected under 3.3.6. I ran various tests myself. However if you do find a problem do let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Racial resistances should work fine with this extension I think (RESIST: <damagetype> should work. For Jack of All trades it depends on how you are creating the effect.
    Zacchaeus is correct, resists should work. I am unfamiliar with "Jack of all Trades" tho so can't be sure until I see what the effect is.
    ---

How would you enact a Belt of Ogre Strength, an item that sets your STR to 19. Do you have to put it in as a modifier to the users STR, which means you have to customise it for each character?

Thread Information