DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 31 of 101 First ... 2129303132334181 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    Is there a reason why the advanced effects are only showing to GM even if set as visible? I'm stumped.
    Testing it locally works fine for me.

That is me connected to a server with allow edit enabled.

If you enabled it while they had the item opened it wont show until they close and re-open however.

If you're running FGU, it might not show at all because FGU has problems refreshing subwindows entirely.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So, managing to work around the UI issues with FGU. But for me, when I add the NPC to the CT it is not applying the effect. Is this because of FGU, or something ive done wrong?

AdvancedEffects.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Houndy View Post
    So, managing to work around the UI issues with FGU. But for me, when I add the NPC to the CT it is not applying the effect. Is this because of FGU, or something ive done wrong?

AdvancedEffects.PNG
    Have you tried it in FGC yet?

If the NPC has the effect attached it should place it. FGU has another problem with editing an existing record (for maps at least). Try making a local copy of the NPC, add the effect to that one then place it into the CT and see what happens.
    Last edited by celestian; April 2nd, 2020 at 15:46.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Testing it locally works fine for me.

That is me connected to a server with allow edit enabled.

If you enabled it while they had the item opened it wont show until they close and re-open however.

If you're running FGU, it might not show at all because FGU has problems refreshing subwindows entirely.
    Happy to report I have the same behavior in FGC. It increases my chances I AM doing something wrong!

See this: ADVEFFECT.PNG
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Happy to report I have the same behavior in FGC. It increases my chances I AM doing something wrong!

See this: ADVEFFECT.PNG
    Perhaps you are not setting the right campaign setting.

That is where you set the campaign setting to let users see/edit advanced effects on items.
    ---

Perhaps you are not setting the right campaign setting.

That is where you set the campaign setting to let users see/edit advanced effects on items.
    It is enabled indeed! They can see the effects in the items but not the effect in the CT, unless I manually change the visibility of each effect (which is my official workaround).
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

It is enabled indeed! They can see the effects in the items but not the effect in the CT, unless I manually change the visibility of each effect (which is my official workaround).
    The campaign setting has no affect on the effect display in the CT.

Your setting of -/hide/show on the effect should be what allows it to be seen in the CT. Your image has it set to [SHOW]. That "should" let it be seen in the CT. I'll check things locally tonight after day job and see if I have the same issue and if so resolve.
    ---

The campaign setting has no affect on the effect display in the CT.

Your setting of -/hide/show on the effect should be what allows it to be seen in the CT. Your image has it set to [SHOW]. That "should" let it be seen in the CT. I'll check things locally tonight after day job and see if I have the same issue and if so resolve.
    By the way, I'm using a clone of the github repo, not the ext file. I'll try the ext.

Update: same result.
    Last edited by 4wire; April 2nd, 2020 at 18:54.

DMs Guild Creator

By the way, I'm using a clone of the github repo, not the ext file. I'll try the ext.

Update: same result.
    Actually if you are using the repo, grab the version I just pushed, 4.3 and try it out.
    ---

Actually if you are using the repo, grab the version I just pushed, 4.3 and try it out.
    Yup, that did it!

I tried to debug using the console but couldn't make anything print for the life of me.

Thanks bud.

DMs Guild Creator

Thread Information