STAR TREK 2d20
Page 21 of 101 First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last
    Celestian; I was helping Giuly on Discord with this and there does seem to be an issue with such an effect. I wasn't sure if it was intended or a bug.

As Giuly says adding the effect to a weapon seems to be missing out the ATK: 2 bit. The effect appears correctly on the CT and shows that it is being applied correctly to the CT from the weapon in question. However the +2 isn't added to the attack roll if the PC targets an appropriate type of creature and then double clicks the attack roll. Interestingly if I drag and drop the attack the EFFECTS +2 appears in chat but still doesn't get added to the attack roll.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Celestian; I was helping Giuly on Discord with this and there does seem to be an issue with such an effect. I wasn't sure if it was intended or a bug.

As Giuly says adding the effect to a weapon seems to be missing out the ATK: 2 bit. The effect appears correctly on the CT and shows that it is being applied correctly to the CT from the weapon in question. However the +2 isn't added to the attack roll if the PC targets an appropriate type of creature and then double clicks the attack roll. Interestingly if I drag and drop the attack the EFFECTS +2 appears in chat but still doesn't get added to the attack roll.
    That's true! We worked together on the case, but unfortunately it was helpless. In my case, I need to understand if the issue can be sorted out or not, as my players would benefit by the extension as they are not very "goodly geek" with FG. So, such a tool that can allow me to apply them particular effects on weapons (or personal effect) would be extremely useful.

Looks like it's getting added to me tho it doesn't show in the total roll, it does show on the attack.

(Using effect Greatsword;IFT:TYPE(giant);ATK:2)

Damage DOES show up in the total roll:

(Using Greatsword;IFT:TYPE(giant);DMG:3)

I'm not sure why ATK does this but I'll poke around. Since it's actually still adding it in it seems to just be a display issue for now and I'll look at it in time.
    Last edited by celestian; May 18th, 2019 at 19:36.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The extra modifiers should only be applied once the roll is applied to the creature. Because any target conditions should only be applied after the target is specified not in the base roll.

So, the attack version is technically more correct. Remember that attack and damage rolls can be applied to other creatures by dragging and dropping.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Looks like it's getting added to me tho it doesn't show in the total roll, it does show on the attack.

(Using effect Greatsword;IFT:TYPE(giant);ATK:2)

Damage DOES show up in the total roll:

(Using Greatsword;IFT:TYPE(giant);DMG:3)

I'm not sure why ATK does this but I'll poke around. Since it's actually still adding it in it seems to just be a display issue for now and I'll look at it in time.
    You can see my example below, and it seems not working.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Now I don't what I did wrong or simply the extension doesn't work with my FG.

It would be extremely helpful to figure it out for my players to have the extension working properly.

Thanks in advance for your support Celestian

Celestian. I hadn't noticed that Attack[x] total and you are correct if the attack is drag dropped onto the target. In that case the Bonus is being added to the attack roll even though the display doesn't show it. However if you double click the attack then the bonus isn't being added in as far as I can see. In the graphic the first attack was made using target and double click the damage. The second one was made via drag and drop. An interesting conundrum - maybe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Celestian. I hadn't noticed that Attack[x] total and you are correct if the attack is drag dropped onto the target. In that case the Bonus is being added to the attack roll even though the display doesn't show it. However if you double click the attack then the bonus isn't being added in as far as I can see. In the graphic the first attack was made using target and double click the damage. The second one was made via drag and drop. An interesting conundrum - maybe
    It works indeed!

Capture2.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Zacchaeus both had +7 added so both got the same modifier - but only one git the description.
    The character used in the test has a base +7 bonus for his crossbow attack; so the bonus should in both cases have been +9. I did some more testing. The original character that I tested on was an existing one which existed in the campaign before I added the extension to the campaign for testing. If I create a new character in the campaign and add the same effect to a weapon in the new character then the 'EFFECTS +2' appears in chat both when the attack is made by double clicking or drag/dropping and in both cases the Attack [x] shows the correct total roll. But the dice string + bonus still misses the additional 2 points from the effect. However the correct ffigure is being used to determine hit or miss, so I believe that Celestian is correct in that it is simply a visual thing.

The attached graphic shows an attack against the dragon which has an AC of 18. Using the manual dice roller the roll was set to 14 and as you can see it shows a hit on an 18 (character's to hit bonus of +2 and the effect also +2 making a total of 18). Visually however the dice says the result is 16 (14+2 instead of 14+4).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Terrible sorry if this was already discussed: is it at all possible with this extencion (or any other way) to add racial resistance to PC? Like dwarven resiliance or hellish ones? Coundn't find it anywhere and my search led me here.

Thread Information