Starfinder Playlist
Page 43 of 101 First ... 3341424344455393 ... Last
    Ah ok, thanks a lot!

I want to mention that advanced effects interferes with both Weapon Handling and Advanced Weapon Damage.

Versatile weapons are not recognized as such, so no switch in damage between one- and two-handed situation.

Problem solved by pushing Advanced weapon Damage loadorder over Advanced Effect. Now everything seems to working properly. Cheers!
    Last edited by eriktedesco; November 7th, 2020 at 14:48. Reason: Problem Solved

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi all, I'm trying to learn how to use this magnificent extension.

Just to have fun, I'm creating a longsword of Undead Slaying. In the longsword description I added, as an effect, the following string [DMG:1d8 radiant, type(undead), magic].

However, when I hit a zombie (clearly an undead), the +1d8 radiant damage is not triggered.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
    There is no reason that you should not be able to do that but the entry you have there will never work in any situation.

Here is a giant slayer sword.

IFT:TYPE(giant);DMG:1d6 fire

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Ok, I was totally missing the IFT.

Thanks a lot. I'll try that out.

I'm sorry but I'm really bad with this coding stuff. I though that, once selected the target, the check would be automatic.

Still a lot to learn..step-by-step

Update: performed some testing and everything is working fine. I must say I really like this extension.
    Just need to learn how to code properly.
    Last edited by eriktedesco; November 8th, 2020 at 11:15. Reason: Update

Celestian - Wonderful Mod! I echo the sentiment it should be built FGU.
    I've read through some (but not all!) of this thread to see if my question has been asked but didn't see it yet, so sorry if this is redundant...

I'd love to be able to add/subtract effects from the NPC character sheet as needed - but this extension doesn't do that...is that correct? For example, with a Barbarian NPC - Reckless Attack and Rage, etc, need to be added/subtracted throughout combat.

From what I understand it will only add/apply the effects built into the character sheet when they are placed into the combat tracker. And those effects can't be subtracted/removed until the built in duration counts down.

Well I dug just a bit deeper and answered my own question...for the most part.

I can manage the effects from the NPC effects tab on the combat tracker. For anyone wondering what I mean - click the boot with wings on the NPC in the combat tracker to edit effects. On the L-hand side of each effect you can edit off/on/skip, their player/gm visibility and when they are applied - always/on roll etc.

It doesn't look like you would want the effect to expire since you can't reapply it easily, via the mod at least. And you would want all the effects on the NPC when you put them into the tracker so you can turn them on/off as needed, even if the mob doesn't have the effect 'on' at the start of combat.
    Last edited by Benny; November 8th, 2020 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Celestian - Wonderful Mod! I echo the sentiment it should be built FGU.
    I've read through some (but not all!) of this thread to see if my question has been asked but didn't see it yet, so sorry if this is redundant...

I'd love to be able to add/subtract effects from the NPC character sheet as needed - but this extension doesn't do that...is that correct? For example, with a Barbarian NPC - Reckless Attack and Rage, etc, need to be added/subtracted throughout combat.

From what I understand it will only add/apply the effects built into the character sheet when they are placed into the combat tracker. And those effects can't be subtracted/removed until the built in duration counts down.
    This extension works in FGU, so not sure what the first question is related too.

Effects that you add/remove on the fly should be managed as powers, particularly if they have durations. Persistent features such as racials, weapon effects and abilities that do not expire... those are the use case I came up with the extension.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I use this in FGU and it does not seem to work with multiple effects on items. It only wants to show the first effect listed as active. The effects work fine on the character abilities area.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I use this in FGU and it does not seem to work with multiple effects on items. It only wants to show the first effect listed as active. The effects work fine on the character abilities area.
    Seems to work for me.

---

Sorry, but it doesn't work for NPCs to me.
    It works on PCs and items. When I add an advanced features on a NPC sheet, the feature isn't added on the combat tracker, even if I put the NPC in CT after changing the feature in the NPC's sheet.
    Last edited by Lino; November 26th, 2020 at 15:17.

Thread Information