STAR TREK 2d20
Page 30 of 101 First ... 2028293031324080 ... Last
    Yes I am running FGU. I was able to get the weapon effect I was working on as well to display but not the effect we were working on. It displays on the character tracker just fine so that is what matters. BTW how do you code damage die to appear only on crit. For example I have a lvl 12 barbarian wielding a greataxe which does 2d8 cold damage on critical. Ultimately it is 3d12 Slashing + 2d8 Cold on critical. I used "IFT: critical; DMG 1d8 cold" which gives the desired dice total, but unfortunately it still puts 1d8 cold on the normal attacks. Image example Capture.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Thuldan View Post
    Yes I am running FGU.
    FGU has a problem displaying subwindows. Until that's corrected it will not show properly. Resizing the window will sometimes get it to update.

As to your crit question. Look here.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

IF effect based upon character Class

Celestian -

Is is possible to have an if statement that is tied to a character Class (i.e. cleric and/or druid)?

[IF:CLASS(cleric, druid); CHA: 1] visibility [hide]

If it is possible, is the syntax in the attached correct? It doesn't appear to be working.
    IFeffect.png

Sorry about the crappy quality of the picture - that is why I typed out the coding.

- V -

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Celestian -

Is is possible to have an if statement that is tied to a character Class (i.e. cleric and/or druid)?

[IF:CLASS(cleric, druid); CHA: 1] visibility [hide]

If it is possible, is the syntax in the attached correct? It doesn't appear to be working.
    IFeffect.png

Sorry about the crappy quality of the picture - that is why I typed out the coding.

- V -
    I am not a 5E effect expert so I would defer to what is on the wiki for it... but anything that works manually applying to a PC should work attached to PC via the abilities tab/Advanced Effects or onto an item. There is one situation where it will not work (related to stat application I think) and you can find it early on in the thread here. Because of the way Advanced Effects work they need to be the "source" for the effect. In that situation it required the source be something else. I don't recall the exact specifics and im remote right now so hard to search.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

CLASS is not a valid conditional operator for IF/IFT. The only ones allowed are listed here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/..._on_IF_and_IFT
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    CLASS is not a valid conditional operator for IF/IFT. The only ones allowed are listed here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/..._on_IF_and_IFT
    So CLASS isn't a valid conditional, but CUSTOM() is...

Do you think adding a user created condition like "Cleric" (or whatever class is in question) and then doing something like IF:CUSTOM(Cleric) would work?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post

Do you think adding a user created condition like "Cleric" (or whatever class is in question) and then doing something like IF:CUSTOM(Cleric) would work?
    Yes, you would have to create the effect on each cleric such as;

"Cleric"

Then the IFT can look for that and evaluate.

edit: updated effect per Mattekure's correct answer!
    Last edited by LordEntrails; April 1st, 2020 at 19:30.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You will need to create an effect on the target "Cleric" then on your character you can do IFT: CUSTOM(Cleric); it will look for the "Cleric" tag on the npc and apply appropriately.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post

If you use the AD&D 2E ruleset, then in an upcoming patch you'll have access to the conditional CLASS(). I added it based on this discussion. Paladin Holy Sword to the rescue IF:CLASS(paladin);ATK:5;DMG:5.

(note, CLASS() is NOT a thing in the 5E ruleset)

Thanks for the idea
    ---

Is there a reason why the advanced effects are only showing to GM even if set as visible? I'm stumped.
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Thread Information