FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 32 of 100 First ... 2230313233344282 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    Yup, that did it!

I tried to debug using the console but couldn't make anything print for the life of me.

Thanks bud.
    I had added a test to check that the token was visible so that NPCs effects wouldn't show if the NPC wasn't showing. The problem is it was checking tokenvis for players also which is not a thing so always returned false.

I'll update the version at the top later tonight.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

All good in FGU as well my man!

Edit: Wait... it shows in the chat window but nit in the effects list anymore.. wth.

Edit 2: If my ring has just one effect, e.g. [AC: 1] it works. If I put [SAVE: 1] as well no effects show up.

Edit 3: Probably a conflict with the 5e enhancer.
    Last edited by 4wire; April 2nd, 2020 at 21:38.
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    All good in FGU as well my man!

Edit: Wait... it shows in the chat window but nit in the effects list anymore.. wth.

Edit 2: If my ring has just one effect, e.g. [AC: 1] it works. If I put [SAVE: 1] as well no effects show up.

Edit 3: Probably a conflict with the 5e enhancer.
    It works in my local tests in FGC. I can't speak to FGU (not testing there). You can check that it's working if you toggle the item identified as well. It'll change the effect from VIS to GM if the item is not identified and back when you toggle it off.

And if you have other extensions that do anything in the CT or effects it is quite possible it's messing about with the behavior of this one. Try disabling them all except this one to verify.
    Last edited by celestian; April 3rd, 2020 at 00:26.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    It works in my local tests in FGC. I can't speak to FGU (not testing there). You can check that it's working if you toggle the item identified as well. It'll change the effect from VIS to GM if the item is not identified and back when you toggle it off.

And if you have other extensions that do anything in the CT or effects it is quiet possible it's messing about with the behavior of this one. Try disabling them all except this one to verify.
    If I put all effects in one effect box, it works though. So it seems, in FGU, teh problem is with an item with multiple effect entries. FGC is fine.

E.g.
    [AC:+1;SAVE:+1] -> works

[AC:+1]
    [SAVE:+1] -> no worky
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Have you tried it in FGC yet?

If the NPC has the effect attached it should place it. FGU has another problem with editing an existing record (for maps at least). Try making a local copy of the NPC, add the effect to that one then place it into the CT and see what happens.
    so did some debugging and its the death indicator extended extension which caused the issues, after disabling it works fine .

I found that all you have to do is close the NPC and reopen to fix the UI (and redo whenever you make changes) so its not a hard workaround.

Just skimmed through the thread and didn't see it mentioned but I was hoping to add the Giant Slayer Greataxe effects for a player. The damage is the easy part:

IFT: TYPE (giant); DMG: 2d6 slashing (Action Only option checked)

The other effect assigned the to the weapon forces a giant to make a DC 15 STR check. If they fail they go "prone". Is it possible to add this effect via the mod? Thanks for all the work you do, this really should be added to the core application as it helps automate so much of the tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by dotsoncs View Post
    Just skimmed through the thread and didn't see it mentioned but I was hoping to add the Giant Slayer Greataxe effects for a player. The damage is the easy part:

IFT: TYPE (giant); DMG: 2d6 slashing (Action Only option checked)

The other effect assigned the to the weapon forces a giant to make a DC 15 STR check. If they fail they go "prone". Is it possible to add this effect via the mod? Thanks for all the work you do, this really should be added to the core application as it helps automate so much of the tedium.
    There is no way to add an effect from an effect right now. You'd have to add the power and effect to the item and when the weapon is used it triggers the save and if they fail then manually apply the effect.
    ---

Its not a save, its a check. I don't recall it being possible to make checks, I hope there is and you can tell me as I need it for grapples. As an extra wish, an IF(check/save failed, do this) type code would be awesome.

Is this working for other people in FGU? I don't seem to be getting this section automatically put onto a PC sheet.

EDIT: I found it sorry but it is not letting me save what I put in.
    Last edited by avitale34; April 14th, 2020 at 02:38.

Quote Originally Posted by avitale34 View Post
    Is this working for other people in FGU? I don't seem to be getting this section automatically put onto a PC sheet.

EDIT: I found it sorry but it is not letting me save what I put in.
    It's saved, the window is not updated. Same problem for effects on items. That's an FGU issue.

DMs Guild Creator

Thread Information