FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    So this got me thinking so I began playing with this a bit... mainly on the "how to get tables out of a PDF" side mostly.

So what I found out is you need Adobe Pro DC to "export with formatting" and then paste the table into Excel.

Then you can save that as a csv file OR you can select the block and copy. However the control-c/copy method uses <tab> instead of comma. For me however tab is a better option because as Myrdin mentioned lots of text uses commas.

I might play with the extension over the week and see if I can tweak it a bit to have a option for either. I might also see if I can get it to "right click/import" at the point your at instead of the #table# thing...

I was amazed how easy it was to pull a table from the AD&D 1e DMG doing this (the big random magic table). Great stuff you've done here Lokiare.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So FYI, right now FG strips out <tab> so it's not an option to use as a delimiter. Very unfortunate because my copy/table and paste uses them ;( You can use extra steps to get around it for now tho.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So as someone that knows only how to navigate NPP and Excel, and learned what CSV means from this thread, is there a way to:

copy a table from a website
    paste it into excel/npp (I can get the data I want into individual cells)
    copy the table from excel/npp and paste it using this extention

All without having to go through each individual cell and actually placing a comma in them all?
    I had hoped that saving a file as csv in excel would some how make things know that each cell has an implied comma in it... if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by akito3379 View Post
    I had hoped that saving a file as csv in excel would some how make things know that each cell has an implied comma in it... if that makes sense.
    Saving a spreadsheet as CSV will put a comma between the data contained in each cell.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Saving a spreadsheet as CSV will put a comma between the data contained in each cell.
    I must be doing something wrong, then. I entered the data into Excel, saved as CSV, then re-copied the data to the clipboard and tried to import but it came out wonky.

Quote Originally Posted by akito3379 View Post
    I must be doing something wrong, then. I entered the data into Excel, saved as CSV, then re-copied the data to the clipboard and tried to import but it came out wonky.
    Did you open the CSV file in a text editor and copy from there? Copying from within Excel, even if the file type is CSV, still contains Excel control codes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I did not. That's where NPP or Word come in. Thanks. I had resorted to using a formula I found

=[cell]&","

I'm starting my first programming class next session - C++, hopefully I'll learn me some stuff soon.

This forum needs a “bookmark” or favorites button... or does it have one but I am clueless?

Both sound really helpful!

"Thread Tools -> Subscribe to Thread". Top right of each page.
    Last edited by Andraax; March 27th, 2018 at 19:22.

If (isThereWayToMarkThreads)
    {
    varsuuk.observationalSkills(eCLUELESS);
    }

Now we are all clear, thank you.

Thread Information