5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    The reason why I asked is because many tables I convert have short paragraphs in them and every comma messes it up.

I would love to make the trigger ~ or similar and preserve text with commas in their own cell.

I understand about Starfinder keeping you busy.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    As mentioned you can replace your commas with something else and then swap them back in the output file or you can crack open the extension and change the separater(sp) definition in the extension...

Blog Entries
    I am very appreciative of the extension as is. I can open up the db.xml in N++ and figure out how to do a global search and replace for whatever I replace the , with, but I am much better in Word and Excel to prepare the file in advance. So I was just hoping.

I find it incredibly nice how much other people share their extensions and rulesets here. Really great community that way.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; January 7th, 2018 at 04:55.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

For anyone interested in the other recent table extension by Celestian, you can find it here.

That extension (contrary to the thread title) works in any CoreRPG ruleset, and it lets you paste any text into a single column table. The gotcha on this one is that PDF text that has line breaks in it will show up as one table roll entry for every line.

Those links don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    It seems that I could do something similar to pre-process and insert xml.
    When I can get my Generators extension fully tested, you will be able to import xml tables, provided they are in FG format. If you have the details on some alternate format and it isn't too bizarre, I will look at making them import as well.

This extension sounds brilliant! Thanks for writing and sharing it.

Going to try it out Wondering if I can export from adobe pdf a table as cvs and it work in this... if so... OMG

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    The reason why I asked is because many tables I convert have short paragraphs in them and every comma messes it up.

I would love to make the trigger ~ or similar and preserve text with commas in their own cell.
    I didn't know of this extension till today but... I suspect it could be coded to use <tab> or <comma> as a divider tho im not sure that would help your situation.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    CSV can be set to pretty much any character to replace comma in excel. Like ~.

Now You just need to replace all the commas you want to keep with another character, import them, and then open up the XML and search and replace all the characters you used with comma.

I am not great in N++, and always worry about opening an XML file that FG relies on, but it is certainly doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    CSV can be set to pretty much any character to replace comma in excel. Like ~.

Now You just need to replace all the commas you want to keep with another character, import them, and then open up the XML and search and replace all the characters you used with comma.

I am not great in N++, and always worry about opening an XML file that FG relies on, but it is certainly doable.
    I was more thinking of hacking the extension to do it Either use tab or , or maybe have a selection option. That said I've not opened the extension to see what he's done but it's certainly just character matching.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I was more thinking of hacking the extension to do it Either use tab or , or maybe have a selection option. That said I've not opened the extension to see what he's done but it's certainly just character matching.
    You can do it in the extension...
    But Im sure you know that... more clarification for Myrdin Potter

Thread Information