STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 17 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    For the number parsing, doe 1 work but 1. not work? So if the table is labeled 1. 2. 3. , it will not strip the numbers?
    Correct, the regex (or what lua calls regex) is set to parse "%d+" or "%d+%-%d+" meaning a single "number(s)" or "number(s)-number(s)" everything else is considered the "table return" string.

I've updated the matching to "(%d+)%.?" it should work I just didn't have any tables like that in my experience. Attaching to this post, let me know if it breaks anything.

If it doesn't break anything I'll update the main post.

Oh, it will only test this for the single "numbers(s)" it will not look for period after "number(s)-number(s)" cause that seems to not make any sense
    Last edited by celestian; January 8th, 2019 at 04:01.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Worked perfectly in my use case. Did not test the original use case yet.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Correct, the regex (or what lua calls regex) is set to parse "%d+" or "%d+%-%d+" meaning a single "number(s)" or "number(s)-number(s)" everything else is considered the "table return" string.

I've updated the matching to "(%d+)%.?" it should work I just didn't have any tables like that in my experience. Attaching to this post, let me know if it breaks anything.

If it doesn't break anything I'll update the main post.

Oh, it will only test this for the single "numbers(s)" it will not look for period after "number(s)-number(s)" cause that seems to not make any sense
    Tested and works for all modes. Updated main post for download.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    That small change was a big help to me. Thanks!
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

This works like a dream! Saved me soo much time. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Can't believe I just noticed this extension. No more manually typing in d1000 tables. Thanks!
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    Can't believe I just noticed this extension. No more manually typing in d1000 tables. Thanks!
    Just a word of warning/caution...

Do NOT create large tables. I found out the hard way, with a table for Old West names, whose numbers went overall, into about 10,000 names give or take (first and last names) - that FG freezes when you attempt to roll on a table that large.

Quote Originally Posted by HalC View Post
    Just a word of warning/caution...

Do NOT create large tables. I found out the hard way, with a table for Old West names, whose numbers went overall, into about 10,000 names give or take (first and last names) - that FG freezes when you attempt to roll on a table that large.

I've never used a table with 10k entries, but a 2k entry table is fine. At least on my PC. It might be CPU and RAM related.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

If you have a very large table, you can reduce the time it takes to load and RAM used by splitting it up into multiple sub tables. For example, with 10,000 entries, make 100 subtables with 100 entries each. Then have one master table that rolls on one of the sub tables. It significantly reduces the RAM needed and improves the speed. I did this with my Net Libram of Random Magical Events mod in my sig.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    I've never used a table with 10k entries, but a 2k entry table is fine. At least on my PC. It might be CPU and RAM related.
    i5 cpu, 3.2 GHz with 8 GB ram, 64-bit Operating system

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    If you have a very large table, you can reduce the time it takes to load and RAM used by splitting it up into multiple sub tables. For example, with 10,000 entries, make 100 subtables with 100 entries each. Then have one master table that rolls on one of the sub tables. It significantly reduces the RAM needed and improves the speed. I did this with my Net Libram of Random Magical Events mod in my sig.
    '

Might be able to give that one a try. will experiment on it before too much longer. Thanks Matt

Thread Information