DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

What GURPs would you run/play with official support?

If an official GURPs ruleset and supporting libraries for skills, advantages, disadvantages, and various rules tables were all available, what GURPs settings would you run or play? (Not that each of those settings would be immediately available.) Starting this thread to separately discuss demand for GURPs in FG (started elsewhere by ronnke).

EDIT: A key question for SJG / ronnke: will GURPS Magic be officially supported? Seems like a must-have for any fantasy setting.
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; October 25th, 2017 at 20:27.

I'll go first answering my own questions:

Games I own and would run:

GURPs Imperial Rome

GURPs Celtic Myth

(These two above could be run separately but more interestingly could be run in an interconnected fashion.)

GURPs Goblins (the best setting you never heard of) -- this has con one-shots written all over it

On my bucket list to play:

GURPs Atomic Horror

GURPs Traveller
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; October 25th, 2017 at 19:41.

Traveller
    Dungeon Fantasy
    Reign of Steel

...Continuing on my to play wish list:

GURPs Autoduel would be pretty cool too.

GURPS In Nomine would be great.
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; October 28th, 2017 at 13:09.

I am considering GURPS fantasy, or Dungeon Fantasy (not sure about the difference though). Maybe a modern setting with some "weird" elements, or a post-apocalyptic setting.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    I am considering GURPS fantasy, or Dungeon Fantasy (not sure about the difference though). Maybe a modern setting with some "weird" elements, or a post-apocalyptic setting.

/H
    I just saw that difference between GURPS Fantasy v Dungeon Fantasy discussed on a G+ thread here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/11042488...ts/GT3u3ouWjzE

Reign of Steel posted above by Andraax above certainly is post-apocalyptic. In Nomine is modern with "weird".
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; October 25th, 2017 at 20:29.

I've run mostly one-shots for the past few years, of wildly varied settings and tone. Official support for Fantasy Grounds would make that much, much easier for me to do in an online format, so I guess my answer would be "all of the GURPS"? The two in the forefront of my lobes for the last few outings have been one-shot adventures of "The Crow" and "Streets of Fire," but usually a few weeks before game time something else intrudes and I end up running that instead.

In a perfect world, I would love to be in a position to run a monthly one-shot online, different adventure every time, so yeah... lots of GURPS.
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    The two in the forefront of my lobes for the last few outings have been one-shot adventures of "The Crow" and "Streets of Fire," but usually a few weeks before game time something else intrudes and I end up running that instead.

In a perfect world, I would love to be in a position to run a monthly one-shot online, different adventure every time, so yeah... lots of GURPS.
    Sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    Sounds great!
    Thanks. I've had good success with movie/TV-inspired one-shots (Aliens, Warriors, Game of Thrones, etc.), and I think "Streets of Fire" in particular could be a lot of fun... but for that one I for sure would like to get my hands dirty with the Sound Extension. Can't do "Streets..." without a soundtrack!

On your list, it's good to see both Goblins and Celtic Myth. Forgotten gems!
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Well, I already use FG to play any genre I want, so official support won't make me any more likely to play. However, official support will make the general gaming experience much better.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thread Information