5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Codesmith View Post
    There is text in the module that I BOUGHT and I can't even copy and paste it to dump it in the window for my players to read. Encrypting the XML is a little draconian!
    EDIT: better said by Doug.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Unfortunately I couldn't simply share because a majority of the information was for the DM only. I just needed a few paragraphs. Manually re typing them was the only option. Doesn't change my opinion. While I have a developers attention have you folks thought about adding better support for Multiple Monitors? This thing feels like an MDI interface and I am constantly struggling moving windows around while I am running my campaign. Plus Im getting old and I cant read tiny print anymore so this all adds up to not enough room on a single screen.

Blog Entries
    Can you tell us more about the type of info you wanted to share with the players? Was it from a Story entry or from the Reference manual?

For multiple monitors, I have stretched across screens for years. Just Restore so you are not maximized and drag the window border across two or more screens. This works decently as long as the resolutions are similar on your two monitors. With this and using the hotkeys to store the windows you need to be able to close and re-reference often, it should work well for most cases.

It was in the Reference section of Storm King. It was a section where they were giving the GM 3 potential starting points as motivation for heading to NightStone. Granted it was not super detailed but it would have been nice if I could have copied it out and edited it to my specific need rather than have to retype everything from scratch.

Yeah I have been using two different screen resolutions because my laptop display makes FG hard on the eyes at its native resolution. I will have to try something else like maybe a dedicated desktop machine with more resolution options. I'm running Discord and a few other programs on the other display. I have a feeling this is going to become a multiple computer situation.

I will say at first I found the FG interface a bit of a challenge but it is growing on me and my players are coming around to it as well.

Blog Entries
    Reference Manuals are set as Read Only.
    You can share individual pages from a refman by dragging the shield link to the target player, or to everyone by clicking the shield to open it in a new window and then right click to share.
    You cannot edit refman content in most cases.

It was in the Reference section of Storm King. It was a section where they were giving the GM 3 potential starting points as motivation for heading to NightStone. Granted it was not super detailed but it would have been nice if I could have copied it out and edited it to my specific need rather than have to retype everything from scratch.
    As damned mentions, the reference manual is read only. You could find the relevant story entry (from the desktop sidebar Story button) unlock that and then copy the text you need.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Interesting. I will have to check to see if this content is in the Story section. I didn't think that it was though. If it is then this is just an instance of me being a noob. I appreciate everyone's suggestions. Thanks all.

Is this what you're referring to?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If it is then this is just an instance of me being a noob.
    No worries. There's a lot to learn!

Yes that was what I am referring to. So why can I copy it from the one frame and not the other one?

Thread Information