DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New to Fantasy Grounds - Using Assets from different systems in Dnd?

Hello,

I had a quick questions:

I have been thinking of converting an adventure path from Pathfinder (specifically Curse of the Crimson Throne) into DnD 5Ed.

If I purchase the Curse of the Crimson Throne through fantasy grounds, will I be able to use those assets (such as artwork, maps, etc.) within the DnD 5ed rules system?

How complicated would it be to use the all of the stuff from that purchase within Dnd 5ed?

Thanks for your time!

That would be a massive undertaking. But yes once you have the assets they are yours. You just cant share your conversion outside of hosting a game. Start a bit smaller like an adventure league module.
    xml editing, lau programing, world hunger, its a piece of cake.
    VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure the answer is no. (Generally) the modules you buy through the FG store are encrypted. This means you can not access the xml for those files or directly access the files and story entries etc.

Now, you can manually copy and paste and take screen shots and such, but you just can't open a PF module in 5E.

There was talk at one time with a way to make your own copy of a ruleset and modify it to be able to open modules from other rulesets, but I'm not sure it worked, and even when it did, many of the object types (NPC, items, etc) would open up with errors because the definition of an NPC in PF is different than in 5E.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post296302

Referring to that post: use <acceptfrom ruleset="PFRPG" /> in the 5E ruleset (5E.pak) to allow you open Pathfinder modules in a 5E campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information