STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 25 First ... 122021222324 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by CapitanAndyman View Post
    See below for screenshot of the error message. I am not using the official spell/phb modules from FG- my spells all exist in a "player master reference" module that I built myself. In the image, I have a NPC open, with the error message in the chat box, and my spell list open to show that I do have the spells loaded when the NPC was opened.
    Attachment 23400
    If you created this module in FG and exported to a module, then this will be the issue, as the FG spell lookup needs to find the spell name in the XML tag name (e.g. <dancinglights>), whereas exporting from FG uses the normal FG XML tag naming of <id-00001>, <id-00002>, etc..

The spell lookup in FG looks for reference.spelldata.<sanitized-spell-name>@* - i.e. a specific data structure within the XML of all open modules:
    Code:
    <reference>
        <spelldata>
            <spellname made XML legal>
    I'm guessing your module doesn't have the data stored in this structure itself, or the spell tags are in the id-XXXXX format and need changing to the sanitized XML name - where .,-():'’/?+–_ and spaces are removed from the spell name.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 8th, 2018 at 19:10.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's good to know for Spell Engineer's output, Trenloe - thank you for that. In sanitising, am I right in thinking Dancing Lights would become dancinglights?

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    In sanitising, am I right in thinking Dancing Lights would become dancinglights?
    Correct. I thought I'd typed that. Where did that bloody space come from?!?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Maasq,

Also, take a look at scripts/manager_campaigndata2.lua in the 5E ruleset. It contains the "sanitize" function which is used to convert a spell name into a valid XML tag lookup. It's the same logic that's used for internal tools to build 5E module spell lists.

Regards,
    JPG

Oooh, I will do. I wrote my own but it'd be worth checking it against yours. Cheers!
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you created this module in FG and exported to a module, then this will be the issue, as the FG spell lookup needs to find the spell name in the XML tag name (e.g. <dancinglights>), whereas exporting from FG uses the normal FG XML tag naming of <id-00001>, <id-00002>, etc..

The spell lookup in FG looks for reference.spelldata.<sanitized-spell-name>@* - i.e. a specific data structure within the XML of all open modules:
    Code:
    <reference>
        <spelldata>
            <spellname made XML legal>
    I'm guessing your module doesn't have the data stored in this structure itself, or the spell tags are in the id-XXXXX format and need changing to the sanitized XML name - where .,-():'’/?+–_ and spaces are removed from the spell name.
    Yes, Trenloe - that's exactly right. I built my player reference module within FG using the /export function. Thanks for the info!

One thing I noticed, Andy, is that you've got a lot of extensions running. I'd suggest turning them all off one time to see if one of them might be interfering with your spell lookup functionality. I've had extensions cause problems before.

Edit: Nevermind, I see that Trenloe got it sorted out already.
    Last edited by epithet; May 9th, 2018 at 14:47.

Hi all! This tool looks pretty damn spiffy. I hope this is an okay place to ask questions; if I should ask this elsewhere (like the GitHub issues page), please let me know! I'm trying to install it on my Win10 box, but am getting the following error:

53035910dce4bf746cfa8956a08ee523.png

This is after uninstalling because Avira had some weird issue with it and quarantined NPC Engineer for "HEUR/APC (Cloud)" reasons. Has anyone seen anything like the above issues?

Try launching the installer by right clicking and selecting "run as administrator."

Hi irrsprite, welcome to FG.

I’m guessing but it looks like a permissions issue. Possibly you don’t have full read/write permission to the folder that the program is saving to. Also if whatever Avira is interfered with the program it may be that is still an issue even if you uninstalled it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information