5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 11 of 25 First ... 91011121321 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Hey John. Thanks for drawing attention to this. I have been busy playing laser tag with my kids and making turkey curry, turkey soup, etc so I missed the thread
    I think making a translator for it is a great idea, and I'll get on to it tomorrow. It doesn't look too difficult, but we'll see.

If there are any other systems like that (and that have export functions) please feel free to point them out. The more useful NPC Engineer is, the better - especially if it helps draw people to the table.

Maasq
    a) An awesome way to spend your time with your children.
    b) An awesome way of making NPC Engineer even better, if that was even possible.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

New update. As ever, the latest version is on the website or on the first post in this thread.

This one could prove quite important; once a week, NPC Engineer will check if it is the latest version (assuming you are connected to the internet). If not, it'll offer you the choice of going to the website to grab the new version. I'll still post about updates here just to keep the program in the public consciousness.

Don't panic if it seems you miss a few updates (version 19 to version 23 for example) as these will have been internal builds not released to the public. Or quick replacements for shoddy releases. Either way, you win

The Roll20 filter is (pardon the pun) rolled into this update, but a couple of issues have been pointed out and need updated.

I have also added issue tracking via Github (link in the sig) should you prefer to leave a trackable ticket rather than speak to me on Discord. I quite like the idea of having tickets; it appeals to my tick-all-the-boxes mentality!

If I don't speak with you beforehand, have a great New Year. Yes, there will be shortbread and whisky in my house. No, we don't all have red hair and wear kilts.

Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; December 30th, 2017 at 11:03.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    If I don't speak with you beforehand, have a great New Year. Yes, there will be shortbread and whisky in my house. No, we don't all have red hair and wear kilts.
    Oh please do put your kilt back on!

I'll have on a darling evening frock and some pearls. Don't judge me.

Maasq
    Wielder of +2 party frock and pearls of defence.

(and hoping the ex-wife doesn't see this and try to take the kids off me for their own safety! hahahah)
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Downloaded the latest version and it just sits at the loading screen... trying to figure out why..

There appears to be an issue - it is the updater that is causing it. I'll put an update out later this evening, either with a different method of dealing with updating or with the updating pulled for now.
    Sorry for the hassle folks.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by PTBBC.ORG View Post
    Downloaded the latest version and it just sits at the loading screen... trying to figure out why..
    I changed the way NPC Engineer 'phones home' so that it shouldn't cause Windows and virus checkers to jump all over it. If there are still issues, post a wee issue ticket on Github (Link in the sig) and I'll look at adding an option to switch off the autocheck.

I fixed the issues with the Roll20 filter; this should make it easy to convert any other json based output from other sites as well.

As ever, latest version on the website and on the first post of this thread.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Hey folks!

I've released a new version. This one doesn't add much in the way of features, but it does add an installer and a swanky new icon...
    The installer forced me to get more serious about my data files and where they were stored, so there are changes here. Short version: all datafiles are stored in the {appdata} folder under your windows login by default, though you can change this in the options. The downside is you will need to copy over your current files (not the project information, just ini and json files).

More details on the website, along with the newest version and zip package if you prefer.

Here's the new icon:
    NPC Engineer 3.png

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Another update.... fixing some issues noted by people on Discord.
    Check the website for the most recent version; it is changing quite quickly these days.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Hi folks... Yet another update. As well as some bug fixes, this one adds a couple of things.

1. You can click the 'copy to clipboard' button to get an RTF copy of the pretty statblock on the right hand side. RTF readers are notoriously finicky, so I can only guarantee it works with Word (2010 to 2016 definitely, probably older versions too) and WPS Writer which is free (although ad supported). OpenOffice fails, for some strange reason - it worked with older, less compliant code. If there is a clamour for OpenOffice support I'll consider looking at it again.

2. There are a couple of new 'save as...' options - RTF (see above) and HTML. The HTML is beautiful, and easy to write, and standards-compliant (Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Edge all display it perfectly). The HTML control is a pain, though, and breaks NPCE if I try to use it to replace the RTF. Nothing is easy. But the export is there, and if you have use for HTML you'll really appreciate it.

As ever, newest code on the website.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information