DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

NPC Engineer

NPC Engineer
    A windows program designed to facilitate the process of getting NPCs into Fantasy Grounds.

This has been merged with The Engineer Suite; thread here.

Maasq
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maasq; September 19th, 2018 at 23:49. Reason: New version number
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Full changelog on the website.

If you find something that breaks NPC Engineer, please PM me a text file of the offending document so that I can track down the issue.
    Feature requests are also welcome.

IMPORTANT: If you are using NPC Engineer to import from a Homebrew source, the source will not have been subject to the same rigorous shredding official monsters get. This means that errors in formatting, capitalisation, spelling and so on can make it difficult for NPC Engineer. If your import doesn't work, check it carefully for missing full stops, colons where full stops should be, and the like.
    Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; December 5th, 2017 at 00:03.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Thank you so much

Great work, I not sure I'm doing a completely right though, I'm not getting a mod file in module folder but I am getting a zip file in the folder I have npc engineer installed in . I changed the extension of the zip file and placed it in module folder and it works so I'm pleased

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Great work, I not sure I'm doing a completely right though, I'm not getting a mod file in module folder but I am getting a zip file in the folder I have npc engineer installed in . I changed the extension of the zip file and placed it in module folder and it works so I'm pleased
    Hey Hawkwind. I'm glad you like it!

I'll go through some options here, and I'll try to explain each as fully as possible. Please don't be offended if you already know all of this; someone else might stumble across this thread with the same issues in the future.

I can't reproduce the error here, so the first thing we need to check is Windows version. I am using 10 (with the Creator update), and it also worked before the Creator update. Previous versions of Windows may react differently to some of the program's calls to Windows internals; I don't know for sure.

The next thing to check is that you are setting your directories correctly in the 'Project' window:
    project management.jpg
    About halfway down the left hand side, there are two fields for paths.
    • The module path is where you want to store the datafiles for the module on your system. Use the folder button to the right of this to open up a folder select box to make this easier.
    • The Fantasy Grounds module path is where your finalised module should end up. NPC Engineer looks in the registry for this, but I can only swear to it working properly on Windows 10 as this is the only OS I have to test it on. It should take the form shown in the screenshot, with 'Steph' replaced by your own Windows profile name. If this box is blank for any reason, or the path looks wrong, you can use the folder icon to the right and navigate to it yourself. A 3rd way of finding it is to run FG, and click on the little folder icon at top right (just below the 'close' button). This will take you to your FG datafile path.

Now I think about it, it is almost certainly the FG path that is the issue here. NPC Engineer does the extension change and file move in one instruction, so if the destination path doesn't exist the whole instruction will fail, leaving the zip file in the module folder. If yours is in the NPC Engineer folder, it suggests you haven't got either path set.

Let me know if this helps you out!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

thanks for the quick reply

I have solved the issue now, i use a non standard location for my FG data and I somehow missed or deleted "/" in the file path name

Excellent - glad it was something simple. I'll build in some error checking at some point!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Excellent - glad it was something simple. I'll build in some error checking at some point!

Maasq
    yep it's a great tool and greatly speeds up entering third party NPC's , I can't believe you have had so few downloads
    Last edited by hawkwind; October 23rd, 2017 at 22:10.

Minor bugfix update.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

quick question if i have clicked the parse button do I still need to click the add to project button as it appears from the arsing screen the Npc is being added to a database file

Thread Information