DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 25 First ... 91718192021 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

I do have the scale set to 150%, I have not tried creating a module yet, but I have tested the other buttons that I could and they all work normally on the 4k.

I am flummoxed. There's nothing special in the code for those buttons - if other buttons work, so should they. We could try a screenshare on Discord to see if I can help nail the issue for you.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Maasq,

I finally got back to looking into the button issue. Some how my display scaling to changed, once I reset it the buttons on the options window are working normally.

Good stuff, I'm glad.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Hi folks

A new update is on the website, and this one adds a new feature I think a lot of you will like. If you select 'Reference Manual' in the project management interface, NPC Engineer will create a reference manual with a page for each NPC in your project. It uses information you have already entered, including image, to do this. All styling will remain (bold etc), and lists will display properly. Any text marked as 'frame chat' will appear as a callout box. At the moment this is basic and full width, but I intend offering options in this area soon. Watch this space!
    NOTE
    If you wish to enable this for a module that already exists, you will need to re-add each NPC to the project. This is because the XML is generated at the time of the addition.

Please offer me feedback about this section, but bear in mind that everything is automatic. Complex layouts will not be possible, and I have done the best I can with what is available. Hand-editing the XML will always produce prettier results, but it also involves hand-editing the XML!

Cheers
    Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Here's the inevitable update to the update. Sorry folks! This is version 1.1.02 then.... available, as ever, from www.masq.net.

In the pursuit of perfect frames in the Reference Manual, I forgot to check if having no frames - the default state - still worked. Shut up. Fixed.

Maasq. Blushing.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong. I made a simple project to put in some custom spells. I used the spell engineer to enter everything and then create the module. The mod file appears in the correct folder, but it wont load in the game. it doesnt even show up as listed. When I open the mod, it has 2 files inside it "Saved Project Filesclient.xml" and "Saved Project Filesdefinition.xml". Did I do something to make them save the wrong names or something?

Edit: If I rename the files in the mod to just "client.xml" and "definition.xml" it loads fine in FG.
    Last edited by mattekure; April 2nd, 2018 at 18:39.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Hiya

Those two files should be named client.xml and definition.xml, so something has definitely gone wrong. I just created a new mod and added a spell to it, and it works perfectly. I'm having a look at the code to see how this could have happened, but try again with a new project. We can screenshare on Discord later if you still aren't getting it to work.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Hiya

Those two files should be named client.xml and definition.xml, so something has definitely gone wrong. I just created a new mod and added a spell to it, and it works perfectly. I'm having a look at the code to see how this could have happened, but try again with a new project. We can screenshare on Discord later if you still aren't getting it to work.

Maasq
    Hmm, ok, so I completely uninstalled NPC Engineer, and deleted the appdata folder.
    Downloaded fresh from the website and reinstalled.
    Ran it, changed the following setting "Save NPCs in a Project subfolder" to yes
    Went to Project management and entered in the module info and checked the Spells and Reference Manual options. option "Add module Name to Path" is checked.
    Entered a single spell, saved and added to project, then ran create module.
    the newly created module has the same weird names from before, like its including the folder name "Saved Project Files" in the xml file name

I went back into Project Management and Unchecked the "Add Module Name to Path" and saved it, and exported a module, the xml file names were correct.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Hiya

You are deleting the backslash at the end of the module path somehow. There is a check in place to see if there is one and add it if not, but somehow it isn't picking it up.
    Can we screenshare on Discord?

Nothing has changed in this part of the program in a while, and I set up a live project and another test one there recently with no issue. Let's nail down what the issue is and I can fix it.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information