DICE PACKS BUNDLE

control.fgf file - what is it and how do I edit it? does it deal with modifier stack?

I'm using the BRP ruleset and wanting to add more skill modifiers (currently there are only 2, easy and difficult) but I'm running into a block in the control.fgf file because 1) I can't open .fgf and 2) I don't even know what .fgf is.

I'm pretty sure that's where my hold-up is, but if you think I overlooked something obvious don't be afraid to point it out.

It's a bitmap font file. It won't have anything to do with skill modifiers or the modifier stack - just the font used to display text.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know where else I might have to go other than modifierstack.lua to achieve what I'm trying to do?

It's probably in the XML somewhere.

Start in desktop_classes.xml - <windowclass name="modifierstack"> has the three difficulty controls: <genericcontrol name="skillEasy"> , <genericcontrol name="skillNormal"> and <genericcontrol name="skillDifficult">

Trace it through from there - see how those three controls set the difficulty in the modiferstack and see what you can do to expand difficulties.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yep that's it, thank you Trenloe!

Thread Information