FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

The encounter is just one small sub-option and the main table has lots of branches with sub branches depending on the roll given. The table is a street encounter one.

I tried doing the table as a story template and it didn't work well and just went with a table with out put set to story and sub tables I also am having a problem with just a normal table and the various sub tables displaying correctly.

Example: Players come across a a cart which is the result generated on the main table. description call for a roll on a sub table and depending on the result and in some cases another sub table. Some of the results aren't showing up. like it will roll show one sub text skip another and then show another, despite everything being set up correctly from what I can tell.

If you can post the text of your table we might can help but I suspect it is The asynchronous roll problem manifesting. I am working a fix for that but it will be a little before testing is complete.

Blog Entries
    That is the issue I have, no control over which result is actually returned first. Story templates are the only solution of things need to be in a specific order.

You can always have tables reporting results that tell you to roll on other tables or use specific results.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Myrdin I am working hard to fix that. Did you have to abandon your mother of all tables project because of that?

Blog Entries
    Nope. I am working in the two large table books in the background. I have all the tables created for MTT and they all work fine. I just need to create over 1000 items for that one. The other one if did chapter 1 and am slowly doing manual work-around for it rolling off into other subtables. I pretty much need to create a master roll for what path it will go down and then a proper table for each other thereafter.

What I have found is that treating some products like they would be as a book is better. As long as you record each roll result, people like to see what table they go to and roll again. The problem is when you try and take a 5 minute process of reading and rolling and make it a 5 microsecond button click just because it is a computer and you can.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Wil these ultimately be for sale? What game system are they compatible with?

Blog Entries
    I hate to discuss future products, but, assuming they get approved, will be for 5e and Pathfinder.

The adventure design one is actually pretty system neutral. The treasure table needs to be specific because items are unique to rulesets.

Cool, Myrdin.

@Bidmaron- It is a big section from the Sward and the Stone module for Maelstorm RPG in the Pembroke Burning part of the module the Encounters on the Streets part. I can't post the text as its from a copyrighted module.

@Myrdin Potter - Story Templates doesn't work at all for this section of the module and several rolls are not being displayed at all. Example: Table 1 is rolled and result is displayed, which calls for a roll on Table 2 which result calls for a roll on Table 3. Tables 1 & 3 results are shown but 2nd isn't. If the roll on Table 2 didn't call for any sub tables it does show though. Same thing happens if it is requiring other sub-tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
    Example: Table 1 is rolled and result is displayed, which calls for a roll on Table 2 which result calls for a roll on Table 3. Tables 1 & 3 results are shown but 2nd isn't. If the roll on Table 2 didn't call for any sub tables it does show though. Same thing happens if it is requiring other sub-tables.
    That is correct since there is no result to output for table 2 since all you are doing is calling for a result from another table.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information