STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

Dawnforge's Alchemist

Has anyone looked at Dawnforge's Alchemist? We are considering using this in the future, but an element from it has already been used. So one of the features is called Permanent Modifier:

At 11th level, the repeated use of mutagens and the side effects from extracts cause your body to undergo a permanent transformation.

Basically I had 3 npcs use a mutagen meant to replicate this feature on a character in the form of a shampoo. The effect was to speed the character's hair growth on her head. It is currently growing at 6" an hour. (Yes the npcs used gloves ) The character's hair had been shaved while in the Velkynville prison. So at present she is very happy to have her crowning glory back and thinks the effect from the shampoo will eventually stabilize.

So given the word permanent is used would a spell such as one of restorations or remove curse cure such a mutation? I know a wish spell could as it alters reality.

Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    I don't interpret it as a curse so I would say remove curse wouldn't work. Lesser Restoration would probably work, but Greater certainly would, imo.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Permanent sounds like it is irreversible and therefore not something that could be got rid of, magically or otherwise. However given that such a thing would not be fun after a short while I'd suggest that you find some way for the process to be reversed. Whether by spell or some other means.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    After looking at it ... the text does say this the permanent effect is from prolonged exposure to chemicals which is not the case in this situation. I think I will make it greater restoration, which they have access to. And knowing them as I do, they will in all probability work their way up the list. I will be interested in seeing how long the player will wait to remedy the situation as the npcs have said it would eventually remedy itself. To keep it under control would only require saying twice a day cutting the hair. What might make it interesting is to say that once cut the hair becomes fine silver wire that could be melted down or traded for half value. This would fit into the campaign as it is highly magical, almost bordering on fairy tale. It would be interesting to see how greed would affect his decision.

Thank you.

Thread Information