Swear this one you'll save
    Better lock it, in your pocket
    Taking this one to the grave
    If I show you then I know you
    Won't tell what I said
    'Cause two can keep a secret
    If one of them is dead!

Blog Entries
    It is standard 5e rules to not use the ability unless you know the roll. Shield spell, for example, you do after the roll.

In theory, you are not supposed to know if the ability hits or not, but if you know the roll most players can take a pretty accurate guess, so the exact hit or miss message is not that important.

Fighter - Battlemaster dice work the same way. So Bardic Inspiration is not really any different or more powerful than any other similar ability.

Bards cannot do it unlimited times, it is a shame to make them waste it.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Bards cannot do it unlimited times, it is a shame to make them waste it.
    ... or make it cumbersome to play. I agree whole-heartedly.

Eastern USA that is Time Zone - UTC-4 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
    Add a power and call it Bardic Inspiration (in both names). Then go to the tab net to the power group and add how many uses the set it to rest. Almost forgotten add a effect by left clicking on the power.
    This link will help. though it dose not show how to input the dice it only have a / <---this in the coding part, but I'll figure that out some how.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Tf9oQ2YzU/edit
    Last edited by JennyRB; October 8th, 2018 at 22:25.
    JennyRB

Quote Originally Posted by JennyRB View Post
    Almost forgotten add a effect by left clicking on the power.
    What I ended up doing in my campaign is setting up a custom effect under the Power called "Bardic Inspiration" with a duration of 10 min. The bard can drag the effect to whatever character he's giving insp. and they'll have 10 min to use it. The downside is you then need to roll a die manually to modify whatever roll you're targeting, but I'm not sure how else you can do it when they're not required to use the roll immediately. I also have current effects set to show by the character name when their turn comes around so it's a nice reminder that they have inspiration to spend.
    - Ultimate License Holder
    - DMing since 1998

Thread Information