5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: new to FG

new to FG

WATS UP ANY1 ... IM REACHING OUT TO ANY1 WHO CAN TELL ME HOW TO WORK THE FREE DEMO VERSION OF FG(WILL BE BUYING UNLIMITED SOON WITH FRIENDS) .. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO MANAGE A PC AND USE IN ANY GAME I PLAY IN OR LOAD A GAME IN WHICH I WOULD PICK A PC IN ANOTHER DMS GAME BUT IM UNABLE TO DO EITHER ... PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS OR INSTRUCTION TO WHAT I NEED TO DO

Blog Entries
    Welcome Bobby,

I would suggest you start with the manual; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...UserManual.pdf
    You can also check out some of the videos; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos
    There are also a great set of links right when you start FG, From there their is a link to a "Take a Tour..." that is good.

Where you go from there, and the parts of those that you will want to look at are going to be dependent upon what game system you are looking to play (i.e. D&D 5E, Pathfinder, etc).

Also if you start a new campaign you will get a pop-up window that walks you through things too.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It’s for DnD and the free FG demo doesn’t let this version store sessions so it makes no sense to start a campaign myself .. I just want to manange a character so I can jump into some games with to get a feel of FG DnD game .. if I go into game without character than I can pick a character not in use to play but when I log off the PC stays with the DM .. I read this info but when I try to apply it doesn’t let me .. I’m lost

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY BLOOD View Post
    I just want to manange a character so I can jump into some games with to get a feel of FG DnD game ..
    1) Start FG
    2) Click "Manage Characters"
    3) Select "5E" from the "Rulesets" section at the top of the page.
    4) Click "Start".

This will load you up in the 5E manage characters functionality. Characters created here will be saved.

As you have the demo, you will not have to enter things like race, class, etc. manually as you don't get the licensed library data with the demo client.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Same question and additional answers in this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post360117

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

but how do i join a dnd game .. or even look .. is there a lobby???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY BLOOD View Post
    but how do i join a dnd game .. or even look .. is there a lobby???
    Hi BOBBY BLOOD

Pen and Paper RPGs are very social things. They require a large amount of interaction with the other participants. Part of this interaction is finding a group to play with. Last weekend there were close to 50 games being run at FG Con that were all made available by the awesome volunteer GMs so as new and old players could try something new and meet new people.

Finding a group is a put off for many people but it is also an important part of the process in my opinion. At this stage there is no lobby. There may be one in the future but I dont know how successful it will be. The Discord channel is probably your best bet of finding an intro pickup session.

Blog Entries
    No, there is not a lobby, there is a forum. See the other thread for links.

Thread Information